Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Government 11

• 17-11-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭

This may a little satirical so mods move to AH if needs be. But anyway I got thinking about the the Doengal South election and the fact that Fianna Fail might actually have a chance of winning a seat. Some people follow FF like they were a feicen Football team, through the bad and worse times, because their family always supported them :rolleyes:

So I decided to line them out:
    1. Healy Rae (One of the foreigners in the team) in goals minding his constituency doesn't concede anything and barking the orders to those in front of him, well to those that can understand him.
    2. O'Cuiv at left back. You have to laugh at his antics when he inadvertently picks the ball up and dribbles towards his own goal. He's a fans favourite.
    3. The Diminutive O'Dea. What he lacks in height he more than makes up for in stubbornness to hold his position and get under his man's skin with subtle taunting.
    4. The sluggish centre back and captain Cowen elbowing the opposition forward in the jewels at every chance behind the referee's back. Supposedly a rousing speaker in the dressing room his communication skills are often called into question while on the field of play. Never talks to the local media for post match interviews but can often be seen talking to foreign pundits.
    5. Alongside Cowen is Bertie Ahearn who doesn't worry too much about the result. He gets his pay day anyway having backed himself in the bookies to be taking an early shower.
    6. Noel Dempsey the holding midfielder. There isn't a player or heritage site he wouldn't dig through to get to the ball.
    7. Harney not noted for her pace, but nippy enough over half a yard gets a token cheer whenever she puffs and wheezes her way into the opponents penalty area. She has been know to move the corner flags during the course of the game to make the pitch smaller thus reducing services to the fringes of the playing area.
    8. Blind as a Batt O'Keefe passing the ball around like a hot potato often deliberately passing it to his opponent when they don't expect it who then ends up mis-controlling and fumbling possession, much to the delight of the FF ultras.
    9. The striker and vice-captain Lenihan diving left right and centre up front blaming external factors for his trip ups. Sure, he's only the best interest of the team in mind that's why the fans love him.
    10. John Gormley partnering Lenihan up front. The Gary Lineker of the team has never received a yellow card. Folks always wonder how his jersey is covered in so much s**t at full time.
    11. Jim Mc Daid the temperamental winger has collected his things and gone home because his team mates wouldn't pass him the ball.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Greyfox

I'd have a lot more faith in them comfortabely winning their first 10 matchs then I'd have of them getting this country out of the mess it's in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

While I detest football I actually lol reading this. Well done sir, you earned your thanks:D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭ValJester

11. Jim Mc Daid the temperamental winger has collected his things and gone home because his team mates wouldn't pass him the ball.

The Bestie wannabe every English side had in the early 70's, eg Stan Bowles,Frank Worthington,Alan Hudson etc.Fails to show up when needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

While I detest football I actually lol reading this. Well done sir, you earned your thanks:D

Sometimes when you're Fubar-ed the only thing you've left is a bit of comedy.

We may be going down but we'll go down laughing :D

Advertisement