Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Isofix

Options
  • 17-11-2010 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All

Am due a baby next year & am doing a bit of investigating about buggys , travel systems etc. really like the idea of going with a system with an Isofix base . After reading up online all cars are supposed to have Isofix fittings from 2006 . I am driving a 06 Almera & while myself & husband have looked we can only find a loop that doesnt appear to be sturdy enough to be isofix .
    Anybody know where I can get some information about what cars/years contain this . Really dont want to change my car but I might have to

Thanks in adavance for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,886 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

the isofix brackets themselves dont look all that sturdy but you would know them if you saw them.
    Its normally hidden in the crack of material between the vertical and horizonal of your back seat.

I have a late 2007 car and the brackets themselves arent fitted, but the screws are indeed there in the chassis under the back seat for a retrofit.
    (the ford brackets only cost 15 euro or so and you can fit them yourself, presume the same applies with your brand)

if you google your car brand along with terms like "isofix retrofit" or "isofix diy fit brackets" or the likes you might get hints about if your car can be fitted with them too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

http://www.maxi-cosi.com/ot-en/carselector

my 04 Primera has isofix so your Almera should do too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Killinaugh

Thanks a mil . Great info there . States that Isofix doesnt come as standard on that Maxi-cosi website but maybe I can retro-fit I didnt know this was possible -Great - Thanks again

Advertisement