Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice Glider video

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Have you flown before at all? i have a couple of radians here, great they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭bonisio

Have played around with a few helicopters before but this is my first plane/glider. The Radian was recommended as a good starter package by a friend of mine in Germany who is very experienced r/c flier. Will let you know how maiden flight goes.

bonisio wrote: »
    Have played around with a few helicopters before but this is my first plane/glider. The Radian was recommended as a good starter package by a friend of mine in Germany who is very experienced r/c flier. Will let you know how maiden flight goes.

Well i would back your friend up on that, i think they are a great aircraft.
    they take a lot of abuse too. I do a bit of video and photo flying with them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 sligogringo

Where did you buy your Parkzone Radian, how much?

I'm thinking of getting one, I had a Super Cub LP for a while, good fun....unfortunately I lost it out to sea when flying near the beach (you live and learn I guess..)
    bonisio wrote: »
    Nicely produced video on r/c gliders -

http://www.heliplane.net/2010/10/video-%E2%80%93-f3k-impressions/

Just got my first glider, Parkzone Radian, today and really looking forward to maiden flight in the coming days. Expect it will be a little different to r/c car racing!!

well i bought 2 from here anyway

http://www.squadronleader.co.uk/category/ParkZone_Radian_Glider,b.html
    I think postage is about €17 so its around €240 total.
    The second one on the page is what you want (RTF)

Also available here which others i know have used
    http://www.modelmaniacsonline.co.uk/
    Type in radian in the search and its 11th item down (RTF £189.99 stn) and same shipping as above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 sligogringo

Cheers for that Robbie...might treat myself for Christmas.

Cheers for that Robbie...might treat myself for Christmas.

You might as well, you wont have any problems flying it if you were flying the cub aound. Just on hand launching it the radian will climb a lot and needs a little down elevator or it will actually do a loop and into ground,
    so just launch on just over half throttle for maiden flight and then as you throttle up you need a little down elavator. The elevator itself needs a very slight down trim on it for level gliding, but will still have a high climb rate when throttle is turned up and so needs the slight down elevator input when climbing.

I have a cularis too and its the same but not quite as much down needed on that.

Advertisement