Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP local processer

Options
  • 17-11-2010 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

Heya lads I'm studying Computer Science in UCC, and when we do our PHP at home , I need to upload it to the server and go through the web browser to the URL so the PHP Processer can interpret the code, which if i realise I had a compile time error means its a pain in the ass to keep on reuploading to the server. I was wondering does anyone know a way ( or a programme ) that would simulate a local PHP processor on my laptop , and display the output there and then?

Nice one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Download Wampserver - this is a standalone webserver that will allow you to develop PHP apps locally before uploading them. Just download & install, it's dead handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

seamus wrote: »
    Download Wampserver - this is a standalone webserver that will allow you to develop PHP apps locally before uploading them. Just download & install, it's dead handy.

Thanks I used Wampserver but is there any better alternatives out there ?

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No, there really aren't. If there's something you can't get with Wampserver, you're probably not using it right :)

You could download PHP directly from www.php.net and run your php scripts from the command line. Potayto, potahto though. Easier to use a web browser IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

Try EasyPHP

Install it and you are up and running with LAMP setup in a few minutes.

If you have Mac then try MAMP which is pretty similiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

• Advertisement
Advertisement