Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perpetuum - Online

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Is their anything In particular I should be going for if I want to aim towards getting a full assault mech.

I also choose the Russua\EU Fraction.. but I take it all three are more or less the same

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

By the way, thanks for your help with everything Kokeshi

I forgot to say it earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Kokeshi

no worries, i just hope you like the game, maybe enough to prompt others to play.

im sure theres alot of other mmorpg players who would give thier right leg to get in on something like this from the start

havent seen anyone from here in game yet :-(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Kokeshi wrote: »
    havent seen anyone from here in game yet :-(
    I got in for 15 min on Thursday evening (Nody was taken so I'm called LinaInverse), skilled up towards mech, played the navigation, warfare and the third one where you enter the matrix thingie. Went out and blew up a few NPC bots (Yay!) and then took a level 1 mission to blow up 7 robos (and promptly got gangbanged by their missile spewing buddies after I've killed two).

So yea, what is this ToT mission for new robos 'cause I could use something bigger to fight back with :o

I did put on two guns on my robo though, newbie guns as they are.

• Advertisement

in asignments there is a series of 10 missions "totorial" missions which you get some basic things as rewarrds during the course of the missions

so the first large ingame conflict kicked off
    http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topic/307/karapyth-outpost-intrusion-event-27-nov/

the 5 major corps in game were all involved aswell as a few pet corps,
    apparently most of them were friendly but turned up to conquer the same thing at the same time, and the fragile alliance fell apart

Nody wrote: »
    I got in for 15 min on Thursday evening (Nody was taken so I'm called LinaInverse), skilled up towards mech, played the navigation, warfare and the third one where you enter the matrix thingie. Went out and blew up a few NPC bots (Yay!) and then took a level 1 mission to blow up 7 robos (and promptly got gangbanged by their missile spewing buddies after I've killed two).

So yea, what is this ToT mission for new robos 'cause I could use something bigger to fight back with :o

I did put on two guns on my robo though, newbie guns as they are.

havent seen you ingame yet, did player searches for your name , and other itterations of it,couldnt find you at all

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The character got deleted with that reset of theirs but I created it again (exactly the same name) last night. I did the first three trial missions (with out dying for a change!) but for some reason I could not get the fourth (3b mission; the one after you've used the teleporters and need to transport an item) to allow me to accept it. I kept on checking my storage, going out of the matrix to see active missions etc. and it was not there and no accept button either.

Should be online for a bit tonight again but taking the gf out for birthday dinner so we'll see :)

there is alot of complaints about this mission, im actually gonna have the mission info renamed everyone is getting confused,

basically 3-a sends you to a 2nd station, get you to learn how to use teleporter, 3-b mission you collect at the destination station, you get something in your personal hanger at the new station, and you have a transport mission to bring it home to where you began your mission chain, it sounds basic but 30% of my complaints/querys are about this

• Advertisement

Kokeshi wrote: »
    there is alot of complaints about this mission, im actually gonna have the mission info renamed everyone is getting confused,

basically 3-a sends you to a 2nd station, get you to learn how to use teleporter, 3-b mission you collect at the destination station, you get something in your personal hanger at the new station, and you have a transport mission to bring it home to where you began your mission chain, it sounds basic but 30% of my complaints/querys are about this
    Well I had problem with 3a as well because I could teleport before the system recognised that I was at the a beacon. So I'd get the second part completed but not the first half (go to beacon a) and spent 15 min teleporting around trying to find my way back to a again :D

That also explains why the mission would not work for me as I had to return to the A point I was back at the original point (delivery point).

i've seen a good few irish players knocking around.
    anyone else here been active in the game, im intrested to know what everyone is doing and how thier getting on.

the political landscape is really developing nicely and there has already been a good bit of drama,see everyone in game.

dont be afraid to PM me just because im a GM, i alyways have time to talk, if you are stuck with something, ill personally coach you thru it, if needs be.

so I have been finding allot of people from Ireland playing these days, not allot of boards heads tho,

also I'm providing allot of community support

All Unofficial, avatar-creations holds no responsibility over the following services ,brought to you by the game's Best GM.
    Join channel: "Perpetuum radio" ingame to chat

Oceanus and Kokeshi's PerPetuum Radio: mostly Dubstep and D'N'B(currently expanding playlist, if your a music producer and want your tunes played, float me a mail)

http://www.shoutcast.com/Internet-Radio/perpetuum

Winamp: http://panel9.serverhostingcenter.com/tunein.php/oceanus/playlist.pls
    Windows Media Player: http://panel9.serverhostingcenter.com/tunein.php/oceanus/playlist.asx
    Real Player: http://panel9.serverhostingcenter.com/tunein.php/oceanus/playlist.ram
    QuickTime: http://panel9.serverhostingcenter.com/tunein.php/oceanus/playlist.qtl
    Kokeshi's public perpetuum teamspeak

TS version : TS3

IP: ask in game or mail me

Port:ask in game or mail me

PW: ask in game or mail me

Contact me for server rights ,to speak and move around.

Kokeshis Perpetuum-minecraft

Download hamatchi 2

contact me for hamatchi channel details

use details gained from hamatchi to join the public perpetuum minecraft server

More services pending

If you wish to support the perpetuum community in some way and wish to help, send me a mail.

hope to see and hear more from you guys there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Is there a 1/5/10/whatever day trial for this?

theres no free trial :-(

Subscription
    Perpetuum discount subscription (30 days) (i) 8.95 EUR
    Perpetuum discount subscription (90 days) (i) 21.95 EUR
    Perpetuum discount subscription (180 days) (i) 37.95 EUR
    Perpetuum discount subscription (365 days) (i) 64.95 EUR
    Perpetuum Trial subscription (4 days) (i) 2.95 EUR

is the current system it may change, I think because the community is small yet growing, the potential abuse proportional to a free trial account is to great ,where as a larger games company/community could incur such deviation we can't.

Free trial now available... kinda. You can get a 15-day trial code but it involves facebook.

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/News#65

Also there are recruit/buddy codes if you know someone that plays the game - http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/2011-01-27-recruit-codes/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

So whats the general feeling on this from people who have got into it?

Looks well interesting, working economies in MMO's is just as much fun to me as the actual game content itself, this looks pretty badass to be pretty honest.

Necro'ing this thread due to the massive influx that Perpetuum is getting from Eve at the moment. I see they have an easier trial application now, just need an email address rather than linking via facebook.

Many people playing now? I bit the bullet and signed up for 3 months. Seems decent so far.

15 day trial - http://www.perpetuum-online.com/Registration:Details
    Massively also did a live stream of them playing the game - http://www.livestream.com/massivelytv/video?clipId=pla_d7aa0996-0a5d-47e0-9943-9900affc4750

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Started playing this on Saturday, and it's pretty good. A little rough around the edges in places, but enjoyable enough. Not sure if i'll subscribe, but i'll give it a few more days and see if it grabs hold of me. Anyone who's played Eve will definitely notice how similar certain aspects of the game are.

Didn't get to play it on Sunday thanks to a 12-hour Uncharted 2 marathon :P

Advertisement