Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recession LTV Rates

Options
  • 17-11-2010 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Hi im wondering in theory if a bank would give me a mortgage, what LTV would they be looking for. Any ideas.

I remember it was 92% at some stage and i wont say much bout 100 % mortgages. If the banks have a feeling the market will drop by another 20 % will they insist you come up with 20%+ deposit

Im hoping not to spend over 200k so would 16k + be enough (again in theory)

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

johnnyjb wrote: »
    would 16k + be enough
    I think it would be a good start, but not enough. 20% of €200,000 is €40,000 after all. Certainly a lot of the talk recently has been around 20%. However, for certain properties they just won't lend or will ask for a much higher percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭johnnyjb

Joseph... wrote: »
    sky tv has actually gone up since 08!!

##Cough Cough##

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

For Houses it is 92% at the moment, for apartments there is a change BOI I think have gone down to 80% and less outside urban areas. AIB seem to be still offering close to 92% on apartments.

Advertisement