Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

track I heard on Lyric FM I would like to buy

Options
  • 17-11-2010 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭

I heard a track played on Lyric FM about 2 weeks ago, haunting music, its been in the back of my mind for the last few days. It was played late in the eveningm, so may have been blue of the night. The presenter explained that the instrument was some kind of eastern or african instrument which was a bit like an oboe (I think thats what he said) and the name of the album had something to do with the moon (under the moon maybe), very atmospheric music, anybody any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Figure out who the presenter is and drop them a mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

thanks Lordgoata, I did and they very kindly replied as follows:

Thanks for the email and the kind words. I think I may have tracked down the mysterious piece. Try this and see if it fits your description. Also check out Amazon link for sample.

Track Name: You Have To Come Back To Me
    Composer: Gasparyan
    Soloist: Djivan Gasparyan (Duduk)
    Album Title: Moon Shines at Night
    Record Label: Hannibal
    Record Catalogue Number: HNCD1482ADV

http://www.amazon.com/Moon-Shines-Night-Djivan-Gasparyan/dp/B0000035CU

Kind regards,
    Carl

Presenter,
    Blue of the Night
    RTE Lyric fm,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Lyric are great for this, I've bought so many albums after scribbling down the time on a piece of paper while listening to JK ensemble!

Advertisement