Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

100% waterproof overshoes.

• 17-11-2010 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Are there such a thing, I have the neoprene Endura ones and i am fed up with wet feet, are there any that actually work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

Waders.

Problem with overshoes...holes in the top.

ITs like a fully waterproof boot...it cant happen.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,703 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Something like this perhaps?:

Atmospheric%20Diving%20Suit.jpg

Not sure how aero it is though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

No Such thing there is a big hole on the top :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Beasty wrote: »

Is there a carbon fiber version of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Dont fight it, EMBARCE IT

KEEN_Commuter_Sandal_test.jpg

That said I got A pair of enduras a few weeks ago, they are not water proof, but they do keep your feet warm.
    The water comes up from the cleat hole I reckon as I had water proofs over the ankle strap, when I landed home that was dry but the base and shoes wet.
    I think even if one were to come up with a water proof pair the sweat coming from the inside would be just as bad. I'm using mountain boots for commuting, not euro but dry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,143 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

billy.fish wrote: »
    Problem with overshoes...holes in the top.

Duct tape solves that problem.

Candle wax into any holes in the sole.

Cling film under the overshoes.

Then you just have to get the sweat glands surgically removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

Beasty wrote: »

Not very euro either, unless they also stock pink:D

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

Sealskin socks . The last line of defence againest the rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

You could try a pair of these as well as an overshoe, I have some altura overshoes for the last 2 years and have been fine until this winter possibly because I wasnt cycling with dirty great big mudguards and flaps this year until the last couple of weeks when I went back to my commuting bike. I have just bought some Sportful overshoes,not yet tried as i want to destroy the altura first ! A bit of wax or grease around the seam of the overshoe should help as well.

1233145405617-ukeqa9v0e0f6-399-75.jpg approx 100 sterling.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

correction on those shoes,
    a) SPD...
    b) 1 reviewer: '
    Good warm comfy Shoes to ride in, comfy off the bike too. If you want dry feet, wear binbags over them. Out of 2 rides in the wet Ive come back with my feet swimming in them.
    Not impressed with the waterproofness.' !!!:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement