Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for smokey coal

Options
  • 17-11-2010 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    As it says on the tin, I'm looking for somewhere that sells smokey coal.
    I know they're not allowed to sell it within the city borough limits, so if you know of somewhere outside the limits that does it, I'd be grateful for names or numbers.

Cozyglow sucks balls.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

As far as I know it's only illegal to sell it, not burn it, within the City. Just FYI, and I could be wrong but don't think I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

wet-paint wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    As it says on the tin, I'm looking for somewhere that sells smokey coal.
    I know they're not allowed to sell it within the city borough limits, so if you know of somewhere outside the limits that does it, I'd be grateful for names or numbers.

Cozyglow sucks balls.

Why would you burn smokey coal when the rest of us are sticking to the rules of smokeless coal, its illegal to buy in the City and its illegal to burn it. Have a litte bit of respect for the environment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Why would you burn smokey coal when the rest of us are sticking to the rules of smokeless coal, its illegal to buy in the City and its illegal to burn it. Have a litte bit of respect for the environment

Actually I'm not sure if it is illegal to burn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Thanks for that, it's really informative.

You don't know that "the rest of you" are sticking to smokeless coal, don't pretend you do.

You don't know that I intend to burn it in the city limits, don't suggest that I do.

You have no idea how much respect for the environment I have, don't preach at me.

I've already answered your question with the last sentence of my first post.

Smokey coal has the most BTUs of any fuel I burn in the grate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

churchview wrote: »
    Actually I'm not sure if it is illegal to burn it.

According to askaboutireland.ie, it is illegal to burn it in open fires in "large towns and cities". I would imagine Galway qualifies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's against site rules to ask about something that's against Irish local or federal legislation.
    Thread lock, don't ask again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

wet-paint wrote: »
    Smokey coal has the most BTUs of any fuel I burn in the grate.

Then you've never tried heretics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement