Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basic First Aid for Volunteers

Options
  • 17-11-2010 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi all,

Ok, I've done a quick search for First Aid in the Midlands forum and nothing came up so apologies if I am repeating things.

I'm working with a heap of volunteers in County Laois and am currently looking for some Basic First Aid Training which doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I have about 70 volunteers altogether but obviously they can be broken up into different groups.

The training would have to be at evenings or weekends to suit the volunteer hours and ideally only 2 evenings or one Sat.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Maybe a PM with details of any companies and your experience with them.

Mercy Buckets!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bridetobe

Hi you will find a list of registered and approved training providers here:

http://www.citizencpr.ie/index.php?page=cpr-courses

ask for group discounts they should be able to tailor something to your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fairytale

Hi

you could try the Carers Assocation? I'm not sure if they would be any good but it might not be any harm in having a look at the website. There is an office in Tullamore and as far as I know there is one in Portlaoise too. There is a training office in Tulllamore and i know that they cover training at different locations throughout the country. It's mainly for Carers, but I would imagine that would involve first aid etc.
    Not sure if this is any help, but the best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Fairytale

You could also try the Red Cross, with that many volunteers to be trained I'm sure they'd be willing to organise training at times that suit you.

Good luck x

Advertisement