Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Government Wants File-Sharing Compromise, or Legislation Will Follow

• 17-11-2010 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Conor Lenihan, Minister of State with responsibility for Science, Technology and Innovation, has indicated he hasn’t given up on the chance of a negotiated settlement of the illicit file-sharing issue in Ireland. In an Intellectual Property debate, Lenihan praised the IRMA/Eircom agreement and said that while he hopes there can be more arrangements of this type, if they do not arrive, legislation will be the outcome.

Link

One more reason we need to get these idots out of power as soon as possible :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

why don't they all feck off 127.0.0.1 and leave us alone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Conor Lenihan doesn't have a fcuking clue about anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

I am glad to see that all people in power are not idiots :)
    http://torrentfreak.com/european-commissioner-lambasts-copyright-middlemen-101110/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

The IRMA/Eircom agreement is one that inflights group punishment without due process based on third party accusations.

There is no way that that is acceptable in a 21st century western country.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

quick! start downloading before its too late!!!! :rolleyes:

what a jackass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

You cant fight file-sharers. Whatever legislation or technological method anybody has tried to come up with, a work-around has been found. Before there were torrents, there was Limewire. Before Limewire, Napster. If a complete fucktard like Conor Lennihan thinks he's got the answer, he's living in a fantasy world.

On a side-note, does anyone else think 'Gestapo' whenever they see Conor Lennihan? He looks like he should be wearing a long black coat designed by Hugo Boss, with military decor on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

Dear Mr Lenihan (both of you),

you can go suck my sack,

Kind regards,

Sticky_Fingers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I just sent an e-mail to Mr.Lenihan, I focussed on the lack of due process, the right to a defence in court, the overly harsh and crule nature of the punishment, and its application to groups of people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Sticky_Fingers

I just sent an e-mail to Mr.Lenihan, I focussed on the lack of due process, the right to a defence in court, the overly harsh and crule nature of the punishment, and its application to groups of people.
    Steady on there cowboy, you can't be talking common sense to these buckos. I at least hope you lied to them and said that their decision on the issue would make you think twice about voting for them in the next election, thats all these gombeens understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

The country on its knees England and Europe are standing over us,and this ****ing clown thinks its time to fight file sharer's:rolleyes:

Seriously where did it all go wrong

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

dave1982 wrote: »
    The country on its knees England and Europe are standing over us,and this ****ing clown thinks its time to fight file sharer's:rolleyes:

Seriously where did it all go wrong

I didn't know the ministers job went so far up the OSI model to the application layer.

In fact all I though he had to do was keep up standerts and funding for the first layer the phyiscal . Clearly no bussiness of his to be helping out up here. On the same context , he might has well be telling facebook or boards what words to ban etc... Clearly a ****ing moron. God there aint one minister in there with a clue about there given area ..

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

This is why we need to have some sort of screening process before we let eejits fill these positions. Could we not get the heads of IT in all our universities to set a fairly tough computer science exam as well as other technological quizzes. If that disease to progressive technological advances can't pass it then tough sh1t he doesn't get the job. I have always been astounded as to how absolute gobsh1tes can be arbitrarily placed in these positions by other gobsh1tes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Conor Lenihan, Minister of State with responsibility for Science, Technology and Innovation, has indicated he hasn’t given up on the chance of a negotiated settlement of the illicit file-sharing issue in Ireland. In an Intellectual Property debate, Lenihan praised the IRMA/Eircom agreement and said that while he hopes there can be more arrangements of this type, if they do not arrive, legislation will be the outcome.

Link

One more reason we need to get these idots out of power as soon as possible :rolleyes:

Great to see he's spending his time protecting private interest and not his fellow citizen. Hopefully he'll be against the wall too when the **** hits the fan.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'd like to see them stop file sharing, would be genuinely entertaining

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Good to know that our government is tackling the key issues of the present time.

Certainly have their priorities in the right order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

So, is Operation Payback set to hit our government any time soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Conor Lenihan is an idiot & a racist, but mostly an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

It's good to share.

Advertisement