Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which is better, n97 or htc wildfire

Options
  • 17-11-2010 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

hi all, I've been searching for a phone after deciding to ditch my n97. I want the desire but to be honest can't really afford the 400 odd euros. I quite like the wildfire. Is it better than the n97. I know the screen is smaller than the n97.So opinions please, which is better n97 or wildfire. Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Wildfire shouldn't be better but I'd buy one a hell of a lot quicker than an n97 - what an expensive disappointment! The wildfire is very good but keep in mind it is a good bit lower on the android spectrum than a desire. You might consider the Samsung Apollo for around the same price

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

thanx theteal. Youre right about the n97. Always had a nokia but after the 97 never again. I'll look into the apollo thanx

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

If you can find a HTC legend get it - should be priced reasonably...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

As previously said, not a better phone hardware spec wise, but software/os-wise, the Wildfire is leaps and bounds ahead of the N97. I'd go for a Wildfire with no issues whatsoever. The smaller screen is disappointing, but it's still a solid phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

I wouldn't wish an N97 on anyone... so a Wildfire is a distinct improvement...

IIRC, it has just as much Ram as the Desire.The processor however, (again IIRC) is half the speed.... this may affect longevity in terms of future updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

thanx everyone for advice. Think im gonna get the wildfire

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

The N97 mini isn't so bad. Only problem I've had is the memory management is crud awful you end up doing a lot of tinkering to keep the C: drive free.
    Install everything to mass memory and use Opera Mini instead of the built in browser (unless you need Flash) and it runs clean as a whistle.
    If I could afford it I'd go for the N8, I guess I never had the older N97 to put me off Nokia for life...

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭smegheadz

wait a month or 2 if you can. prices will go down a bit. E71 is out end of november which is a massive improvement. but doesn't have the same glitter as the iphone and upper androids. battery lasts longer though and it does alot of stuff out of the box. check out the blackberrys too.

another reason to wait is that windows phone 7 is just out but it's buggy and needs a year or more to improve. visually beautiful but it's just windows mobile ce underneath a new UI. the first meego mobile won't be released untill next year so doubt you'll wait till then. n900 dropped in price and it's still the best mobile i've ever used and i've used droid, galaxy s, iphone all itirations, pre, n97 and still have winmo in a drawer somewhere.

best bet is to get some friends and use their phones, be logical, wat do you do most with your phone and then see how easy or better it is on the new one you want. if it's not better then don't get it :) and the n900 was what the n97 should have been.

Advertisement