Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Journey and Foreigner Irish Dates Announced

Options
  • 11-11-2010 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭

The bands have announced a 5 date tour of the UK starting on the 04 June in London. I would love to see this tour do a night in the 02 Dublin. The last night with Journey/Whitesnake/Def Leppard was great and this lineup could be as good. Just hope the promoters here try and get them over. Journey will be touring a new album.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Couldnt see all them selling out O2 , but would love to go for the laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Couldnt see all them selling out O2 , but would love to go for the laugh

I know what you are saying and I agree, but isn't that what we said the last time - and they got an excellent crowd for Whitesnake/DefLep/Journey......

having seen Foreigner this year I would love to see them here, for anyone looking to go to the UK dates note that the tickets are already on sale, I had a quick look at the Wembley setup and it's all seated, which I don't prefer, but I would have probably grabbed a ticket if I could have gotten a decent one on the floor......it's on a Sat and of course that would have suited me more for travelling....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I hope they do come over here. I would love to see Foreigner live.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Better start practising fist pumping

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

This could be interesting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Just confirmed on MCDs twitter they'll be here. No date mentioned on it though

MCD Present
    A NIGHT TO REMEMEBER
    with
    JOURNEY
    FOREIGNER
    And Special Guests

The O2 Arena
    Saturday 11th June 2011
    Tickets from €49.20 including booking fee

The Odyssey Arena
    Sunday 12th June 2011
    Tickets from £44.00 including booking fee

On sale Friday 26 November at 9.00am from:

Ticketmaster
    In person: From 100 Ticketmaster Outlets Nationwide
    By Telephone (24 Hour):
    ROI - 0818 719 300, Northern Ireland - 0844 277 44 55
    Book On Line: www.ticketmaster.ie

The Odyssey Arena, Belfast
    Odyssey Arena Box Office: Tel. 02890 739074
    Book On Line: www.odysseyarena.com

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

This makes me happy.

I'm happy too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

I might go to this ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I just wonder will Styx be the special guests.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

this is gonna be a savage gig the cheese will pouring out of the 02!!

rednik wrote: »
    I just wonder will Styx be the special guests.

no, Styx are playing Sweden Rock on the 11th.......so hoping it's someone big that will be replacing them as special guests.......

NIBBS wrote: »
    no, Styx are playing Sweden Rock on the 11th.......so hoping it's someone big that will be replacing them as special guests.......

Thin Lizzy?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Being on the same weekend as Download they could snag a band or two from that. Speaking of which if I find myself going to Download next year then I would be forced to skip this.

Don't think this will be able to match the Def Leppard/Whitesnake gig though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Being on the same weekend as Download they could snag a band or two from that. Speaking of which if I find myself going to Download next year then I would be forced to skip this.

Don't think this will be able to match the Def Leppard/Whitesnake gig though!

If it's same weekend as Donington then they should be playin there, as Donington has been having a traditional/old school metal day in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

scudzilla wrote: »
    If it's same weekend as Donington then they should be playin there, as Donington has been having a traditional/old school metal day in recent years

Yeah, they probably decided it best not to do a UK arena tour and play Download consecutively.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Sweet, missed Journey last time with Def Leppard & Whitesnake, heard that was a great gig too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Sweet, missed Journey last time with Def Leppard & Whitesnake, heard that was a great gig too.

It was, but from an outside view, Tesla were the ones on the bill I'd of wanted to see the most - and it's a pity they've taken some time off touring. I'd love to see them announced for Download again, what a band!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

It was, but from an outside view, Tesla were the ones on the bill I'd of wanted to see the most - and it's a pity they've taken some time off touring. I'd love to see them announced for Download again, what a band!

icon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gificon14.gif:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,436 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

might go to this but no body will go with me but wtf might go on my own could be a good show.

FM have been announced as the support band.

http://www.fmofficial.com/fmofficial/index.html

yeah - knew they were doing it weeks ago, but for some reason until the other day they were still only 90% sure........new album out and I'll be happy enough to hear Frozen Heart live either way......should be a crackin night.......what a week......

What a few weeks!!

Rush
    Roger Waters The Wall (Gilmour still to appear, fingers crossed)
    Def Leppard,Lizzy and Alice Cooper
    Journey,Foreigner and FM.
    Still haven't decided to go to Lukather.

Who Are FM.??ie whats there hit songs

What a Summer

May-Rush
    June- Def Leppard/ALice Cooper/Thin Lizzy
    June- Jorney/Foreginer/Fm.

The Only Downside im goin on my own to these gigs but F**k It

Oh no I really want to go :mad: I love FM. Saw them supporting Magnum in the '80's

Anyone going ????

The gig is only 2 days away now :D:D:D. Journeys new album is brillent and as always the classics are good too.

Was at Def Leppard/Alice Cooper/Thin Lizzy last night and the gig didnt end till after midnight. Wonder Will this gig go on till after midnight or be over well before that ??

my guess at the timetable

7.00-7.45- FM
    8.00-9.10- Foreginer
    9.30-11.15- Journey

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Anyone going ????

The gig is only 2 days away now :D:D:D. Journeys new album is brillent and as always the classics are good too.

Was at Def Leppard/Alice Cooper/Thin Lizzy last night and the gig didnt end till after midnight. Wonder Will this gig go on till after midnight or be over well before that ??

my guess at the timetable

7.00-7.45- FM
    8.00-9.10- Foreginer
    9.30-11.15- Journey

I'll be there.....
    yeah I don't know what way the timings will be for this one, don't see FM getting anymore than you've mentioned, must check out what the UK shows have been like so far.....

Journey playing around 3 songs off the new album, have to say Foreigner were terrific when I saw them last year, so really looking forward to seeing them indoors, and they've been getting great reviews.......can't see it running anywhere close to midnight.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Belfast times are below.

1830 Doors Open
    1910 - 1940 FM
    2000 - 2100 Foreigner
    2130 - 2300 Journey

• Advertisement

Just back to Waterford from the gig really good classic chessy 80's gig. Good crowd at it but as a 21 year old i felt young there lol.

The First band FM were ok didnt really know any of there songs but they performed well. The singer is very good as is the guitarist.

Foreigner-They put in one hell of a performance really got the crowd going. Done all there classics pity Mick Jones the guitarist is the only oringal member of the band left but the other guys done great

Journey- A great performance done all there classics really got the crowd going. The singer Arnel Pineda is an amazing talent almost every note was perfect and he interacted with the crowd for allmost all the show has really stepped well into Steve Perry shoes. The rest of band were on fire.

BTW is Arnel Pineda huge in his home country of the Philipines because there was a huge load of filipino fans at the gig.

I think Journey are one of those bands you have to see once in your life if youre a fan of classic rock

Advertisement