Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioware announcing new project.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

"As of right now, the barcodes on BioWare's Facebook and Twitter pages translate into 55.84, which is the atomic mass of iron, and -128.5, which, in Fahrenheit, is the coldest recorded temperature on Earth, in Antarctica.

In Celsius that's -89°. A friend pointed out http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Aequitas is a planet in ME famous for Iron Canyons with a surface temperature of −89 °C."

lol

Hopefully not ME3 and entirely new project. Which I think it is from the trailer. Slightly future post apocalyptic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm really hoping it is Mass Effect 3. New projects are great to see, especially from Bioware, but I want to finish the trilogy. They're going down as a few of the best games I've ever played. It definitely seems ME related and I don't think it would make sense to release a related project before the main trilogy has been completed.

Edit to say I haven't watched the trailer here. Anything good in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Mostly just "From the creators of DA and ME blah blah" followed by some ultra quick shots of some guy pointing his gun out of a broken window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

My money would be on Mass Effect 3, we know it's coming but it hasn't been officially revealed yet.

Considering Mass Effect is my favorite current gaming franchise you can label me excited.

Shryke wrote: »
    I'm really hoping it is Mass Effect 3. New projects are great to see, especially from Bioware, but I want to finish the trilogy. They're going down as a few of the best games I've ever played. It definitely seems ME related and I don't think it would make sense to release a related project before the main trilogy has been completed.

Edit to say I haven't watched the trailer here. Anything good in it?
    The reason I'm hoping it's not ME3 is because we know there is definitely going to be a ME3 anyway and they've been working on it since before ME2 was released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I heard a little while ago that they were working on a non-ME game, but it was just a rumour. Hopefully it's something new, as said above, we all know ME3 is coming, so it's not really worth building up any hype over an announcement that it's coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Jim wrote: »
    The reason I'm hoping it's not ME3 is because we know there is definitely going to be a ME3 anyway and they've been working on it since before ME2 was released.

I'm the same we all know ME3 is coming. I'd love to see Bioware try a Mass Effect style Military Shooter.I'm not a fan of Dragon Age,I was expecting it to be a Hack N Slash like the LOTR games on Last Gen consoles.

GTR63 wrote: »
    I'm the same we all know ME3 is coming. I'd love to see Bioware try a Mass Effect style Military Shooter.I'm not a fan of Dragon Age,I was expecting it to be a Hack N Slash like the LOTR games on Last Gen consoles.
    Don't see how you could expect that considering Bioware's game history >< I loved Dragon Age, but DA2 looks very hack n slash :((((((((

Loads of Hack n Slash games these days, hardly any proper RPGs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I really doubt they would say "From the creators if Mass Effect" in a teaser for a Mass Effect game.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Zillah wrote: »
    I really doubt they would say "From the creators if Mass Effect" in a teaser for a Mass Effect game.

That's what they want you to think!

• Advertisement

GTR63 wrote: »

Considering it was always penned as the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate, I don't see how you could have expected it to be hack n' slash, unless you were completely unaware of what BG was like.

I loved it on PC.

Getting worried about DA2, it looks like they're dumbing it down a bit for the consoles.

Apparently the new game is a multiplayer shooter set in the ME universe, but not necessarily anything to do with Shepard.

Could be good. Could be horrendously awful.

sink wrote: »
    Considering it was always penned as the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate, I don't see how you could have expected it to be hack n' slash, unless you were completely unaware of what BG was like.

I loved it on PC.

Getting worried about DA2, it looks like they're dumbing it down a bit for the consoles.

I was a idiot for believing those VERY misleading CGI videos they used prior to launch.Never played Baldurs gate and I wouldn't be tempted into buying Dragon Age 2 cause I felt Origins was too tactical for my tastes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Healium wrote: »
    I thought Bioware weren't involved in Alpha Protocol? And it didn't do much in sales so a sequel seemed unlikely. I'd love if it was a sequel to that, though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

sink wrote: »

I loved it on PC.

I loved Dragon Age. It was no where near as good as Baldur's Gate, but that wasnt surprising considering how high i regard Baldur's Gate. I too was quite worried about DA2, but i've had some of my faith restored in the last few weeks. I'd say some of the changes will be similar to the changes between the 1st and 2nd Mass Effect games.

Ahh, imagine Baldur's Gate remade in the Dragon Age engine :eek:

People are making one. But like a lot of these mods, I can't imagine them ever finishing it.

go for the eyes boo, GO FOR THE EYES! YEARGHHH!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm calling it now. It's MDK 3.

I read on Cvg its rumoured to be a Mass Effect online game thats targeted at the COD Audience. If thats true i'm very dissapointed that'd mean a crap short campaign & online that no one will play cause they're too busy playing Gears,Killzone. Halo,Battlefield or Halo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

99.999% sure it's not ME3, and is a shooter

not very insightful, i know

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm calling it now. It's MDK 3.

that
    would
    be
    awesome

Advertisement