Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date ideas for City Centre

Options
  • 17-11-2010 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Looking for a good pub/bar in the city centre for a date during the week.

Early evening place that wont be packed and wont break the bank...drinks promos would be nice!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭recyclops

ive been accustomed to garage bar but it can be a little tough to get a seat what with it being so small but a pitcher of heineken/coors/ bud for a tenner or all cocktails for 6 euro cant be missed

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Firehen

The Long Stone behind Pearse St. Garda Station, perhaps?

Nice and quiet so you can chat and close to loads of other places if you fancy moving somewhere a bit lively.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

if its a first date then a comedy club all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 peeweegirl

O Neills on Suffolk St is a good one, loads of little nooks and crannies which makes it feel more comfortable for a date. I wouldnt be mad on going somewhere with drinks promos for a date because it usually means the place i a bit hectic and the bar is busy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

foolelle wrote: »
    if its a first date then a comedy club all the way.

NO! I went on a date to a comedy and he me told I was "laughing at all the **** jokes'' :eek: Needless to say, there was not a second date!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

Twee. wrote: »
    NO! I went on a date to a comedy and he me told I was "laughing at all the **** jokes'' :eek: Needless to say, there was not a second date!

maybe it was ur sense of humour that was the problem? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

recyclops wrote: »
    ive been accustomed to garage bar but it can be a little tough to get a seat what with it being so small but a pitcher of heineken/coors/ bud for a tenner or all cocktails for 6 euro cant be missed

Not exactly first date material unless the other person knows what to expect. Don't like it myself but think that's because it try's to appeal to the" cool to be uncool" crowd. Also splitting a ten euro pitcher on a first date may not look the best.

The Church could be worth checking out, very comfortable and decent food if you are meeting straight after work. I love the Dawson, always thought it'd be great for a date, if it's just the one or two pints before a meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Bruxelles upstairs is fairly nice but I doubt they do promo's and the food is good . You have good music bars downstairs.

Itrs also a good kick off spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Bruxelles, Hogans, Kehoes, Nearys would be my suggestions but it's been a long time since I was on a first date!

Advertisement