Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

check out my new revolver

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

harmoniums wrote: »
    It's actually 110 years old!

That is a very nice piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭4gun

you really should be saying na na nana na....teasing us poor lads back here :D
    nice

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭meathshooter1

thats what you call a well looked after gun, lovely for 110 years old

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

thats what you call a well looked after gun, lovely for 110 years old

Yeah it's in perfect condition. Really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Nice gun...but are you sure it's 110 years old? Because the cut off year for antiques is actually 1898 - is has to have been made in or before that year, so it would need to be 112 years old to qualify :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

firefly08 wrote: »
    Nice gun...but are you sure it's 110 years old? Because the cut off year for antiques is actually 1898 - is has to have been made in or before that year, so it would need to be 112 years old to qualify :(

Is there anywhere in law here that states 1898 as the cut off year???

I was talking about the US (USC 921 (a)16). Sorry I should have said but I presumed Harmoniums acquired the revolver in the US, since I know he's based over here like myself. But I could be wrong.

There is a law here that defines an antique firearm as one made in or before 1898, and that sounded like what he was talking about regarding having it shipped to your door without a license. That's how I got my 1942 Mosin Nagant built on an 1897 receiver mailed right to my door with no hassle :)

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭harmoniums

I was talking about the US (USC 921 (a)16). Sorry I should have said but I presumed Harmoniums acquired the revolver in the US, since I know he's based over here like myself. But I could be wrong.

There is a law here that defines an antique firearm as one made in or before 1898, and that sounded like what he was talking about regarding having it shipped to your door without a license. That's how I got my 1942 Mosin Nagant built on an 1897 receiver mailed right to my door with no hassle :)

its actually from 1897, I rounded down (always do that with age!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

that is a tidy revolver for it age,
    will you shoot it or is it for a glass case

poulo6.5 wrote: »
    that is a tidy revolver for it age,
    will you shoot it or is it for a glass case

Well I've got 200 rounds for it so I can if I wish.
    Quite frankly Ive got so many guns it may take a while to get to it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭poulo6.5

harmoniums wrote: »
    Well I've got 200 rounds for it so I can if I wish.
    Quite frankly Ive got so many guns it may take a while to get to it

you have it tough;)
    well its nice to have the option:cool:

That's how I got my 1942 Mosin Nagant built on an 1897 receiver mailed right to my door with no hassle :)

Finn one from Pat Burns?

Finn one from Pat Burns?

That's the one. I was telling you about it there a while back...I've been shooting it lots since then - no more hassle with cracked cases thankfully. I got myself sorted out for background checks since then so I'm not restricted to antiques any more - but that M39 is still more fun to shoot than almost anything else! I think I like old guns more than new ones. I'm just about to send in my curio and relic license application now in fact. I presume you have one judging by the stuff I see on your youtube channel these days?

Advertisement