Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tux Hire?

• 17-11-2010 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I am going to a friends wedding next month and its a black tie affair, so i need to hire a tux. I know of Tony Connelly and black tie but does any one know of any where else i can go? And does any one know what the going rate for a tux is these days? I havent rented one since my debs and that was back in old money! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Not sure if he is still in the game but Dennis McGuiness up in Hyde Road used to do Dress Suit/Tux hire. 061 311142.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Yeah Denis still does it and very resonable rates, he is currently getting his house outer insulated so its easy to find, coming from the train station go straight through the lights approx 20 house up on left..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 94 ✭✭BOND747

I had a black tie wedding last week, i bought a tux in pennys for under €40 it was better quality than most of the rental suites the rest of the lads had on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

BOND747 wrote: »
    I had a black tie wedding last week, i bought a tux in pennys for under €40 it was better quality than most of the rental suites the rest of the lads had on

Yep - I bought one in Tesco, 57 euro including shirt and dicky bow! Recession busting tux's in Pennys and Tescos... And no, they don't look cheap and nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭barryoc1

Can anyone recommend some where fairly reasonable to hire a tux and advise on what the going rate is these days. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

barryoc1 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend some where fairly reasonable to hire a tux and advise on what the going rate is these days. Thanks.

Did you ring the number of the guy that I put in my post further up this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭jimmydkid

barryoc1 wrote: »
    Pennys had them for sale a few weeks ago, they were cheaper than some of the rental crowds

Advertisement