Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove in a mobile home

• 17-11-2010 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi all, I want to fit a stove in a mobile home, the flue needs to pass through the ceiling, I don't know anybody to do that kind of job.
    Any idea ?
    The mobile home is in Kilkee

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭firesidechat

Bad idea, in my opinion.
    Too much of a fire hazard.
    The floor of you home is more than likely timber,in which case you will need to put down a concrete base . Putting the stove on a slab of slate will not suffice. The roof is probably made of a bitumen substance which will not tolerate the heat from the flue, even if it is double lined.
    I doubt that anyone would insure you or that any proffessional installer would risk such an operation.
    Be very carefull with anyone who tells you different.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but i wouldn't risk it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Get advice from Fergus Engineering Gort Rd Ind Est Ennis, they make the flues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 charline

Thanks Buck65, I will.

I do think it is possible to fit a stove in a mobile home; I've seen some and a long time ago, some people where living in wooden caravan with stoves.

Thanks firesidechat but I'm not worried about insurance, they are as useless as banks.

Advertisement