Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise/Opinions please!

Options
  • 17-11-2010 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭

Hi ya,

Well I have changed my mind so many times in the last month I wasnt sure if I was ever going to make a decision. But I bought the SST FT02 earlier in the week so that has kind of made up my mind for me. I hadnt planned on spending as much as this but I thought I needed to do this case some justice. This is what I have come up with.

135225.doc

I have a 1TB hard drive, dvd drive and mouse/keyboard/monitor. Just realised I forgot to include the PSU above.

Wondering about the cooler. heard it was a good cheap one but would it be any better that the stock one. Also given the case would there be much need to a big expensive one.

Also wondering about the GPU. I want a card good enough to run the newer games and I will be using my 32inch full HD tv for this. Is it enough?

So that everything. Appreciate any advise as I am hoping to order this in the next couple of days. Collecting the case Friday!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

Anybody??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

deejer wrote: »
    Anybody??

Go with the newer 6xxx series, 6870 is amazing bang for buck for 1920x1080, look into the GTX460 too. I think the 5770 would struggle on more intensive games. Freezer Pro is outdated at this stage, go with the CM Hyper 212+ on a budget or the VenX if your not.

thanks for that. was thinking about the GTX 460 alright. Probably worth the extra few quid.

deejer wrote: »
    thanks for that. was thinking about the GTX 460 alright. Probably worth the extra few quid.

It definitely is :D

How bout the power supply? Is it enough?

Other than that I am happy with it i think (with the 460 of course)

135402.jpg

• Advertisement

Yeah, it'll be fine !

Advertisement