Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

I can't even connect.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I heard the VPS hosts didn't provide the node with enough resources :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Nvm think i found the issue! Gonna see if I can edit out the chunk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone wanan help me build the nou camp or Old Trafford ?

Servers down for 10-15 mins while I try to edit out the corrupt chunk.

Bear with me lads and lassies :)

• Advertisement

Servers down for 10-15 mins while I try to edit out the corrupt chunk.

Bear with me lads and lassies :)
    Cool man just gis a shout when its back up

Have a go there lads. Player positions may have moved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Theorox

Have a go there lads. Player positions may have moved
    Is it back on?

Yup.sorry doc powercut in my area.hopefully back on soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

haha no bother, I forgot about the stadium.

Theo came on and I ended up helping him with something and then boom, it's 5am.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Theorox

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    haha no bother, I forgot about the stadium.

Theo came on and I ended up helping him with something and then boom, it's 5am.

:pac:
    CAn't w8 till its done then well post the pics it will look AWSOME!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Damn haven't turned on pc for 4 days now :( . Trust me, it's alot, consideringvit wasn't turned off for 3 years... No time, and if I get some free time I just fire up some xbox...

Need to get back on to shape lol, or my mc skills will fade away!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

So I've spent two nights playing Single Player mode and have the basics pretty much down. Have been on the Server for the last 45 minutes or so and it's amazing to see all the stuff that's been built. Was dizzy as fcuk after going down from Sacramento's Sky Bar!

Just a couple of questions.
    Is there a way of seeing an overview of the world?
    Is there a quicker way than to navigate around?
    Where can a new person build?
    When I type /help I get page 1 of 16 but no further. Am I missing something really obvious here?

Thanks lads.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    So I've spent two nights playing Single Player mode and have the basics pretty much down. Have been on the Server for the last 45 minutes or so and it's amazing to see all the stuff that's been built. Was dizzy as fcuk after going down from Sacramento's Sky Bar!

When I type /help I get page 1 of 16 but no further. Am I missing something really obvious here?

Thanks lads.

Don't know about an overview of the world, I look at the cartographs that are in a thread on this forum, they have it mapped out too if you want a feel for where everything is.

To navigate to where another player is type "/tpa playername", they will have to accept this teleport request

To jump from one place to another, point at the place you want to go and type "/jump"

You can build anywhere really, just as long as it's not too close to something someone else has built, generally it's OK, just use common sense on this one. If your not too sure, just ask.

I have not figured out the help pages thing, I can only use page 1 too, lol. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

nkay1985 wrote: »
    right here

walking is about it. though you can set a home and you can jump to the spawn if you do get lost.

if you see a barren piece of land and you want to build. start building. but make sure first that there is noone too close to you. any building issues see an admin.

type in /help <any number from 1 to 16>
    this will bring up the various help pages you can read at your leisure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well I'm planning on doing the three starter Pokémon from every generation after I get the boards server running. Anyone wanna help? :pac:

Yes, yes, 1000 times yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

So whatever happened to not messing with other peoples constructions? I was clearing that land for a loooong time, then I've been away from the server for a little bit and my house has been leveled and on the land I cleared is this?!

craftsf.png

I didnt clear it all just so someone else could build on it

Lotsafish wrote: »
    So whatever happened to not messing with other peoples constructions? I was clearing that land for a loooong time, then I've been away from the server for a little bit and my house has been leveled and on the land I cleared is this?!

craftsf.png

I didnt clear it all just so someone else could build on it

you were away for a more than a week man. the time limit on leaving a construction in your way before you level it is 1 week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,956 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Lotsafish. If you select a new area I will level land for you instantly. In fairness to the creator of the deck he had no way of knowing that the area you levelled was flat for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

I think somebody is griefing my stuff, I had a small underground house beside my tardis which is now gone.

Somebody also added a load of water to one of my buildings:

3NDts.png

Unless it's something to do with the server move?

• Advertisement

Aldebaran wrote: »
    I think somebody is griefing my stuff, I had a small underground house beside my tardis which is now gone.

i think so too. as i was wandering past the farms the bulding beside it looked griefed. just random holes all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

you were away for a more than a week man. the time limit on leaving a construction in your way before you level it is 1 week.

No, the rule is: "If there is a construction in the way of what you are building then ask on the forum who owns it. If no one claims it after 7 days and the mods agree you can remove it." zuroph never asked in the forum, so why was my construction removed and the levelled land built on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

No, the rule is: "If there is a construction in the way of what you are building then ask on the forum who owns it. If no one claims it after 7 days and the mods agree you can remove it." zuroph never asked in the forum, so why was my construction removed and the levelled land built on?

I was on the server at the time and he asked me. I said go ahead because I knew you weren't on for nearly a month

There is still a lot of mountain next to it I can clear, or we can ask zuroph if he would mind me Copy/Pasting it out of the way.

That area was about 1/4 the size, but I leveled it with the POS commands

Either way, we can always fix it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Aldebaran wrote: »

Actually, I'm an idiot, I found the house. Still doesn't explain the water though?

Tallon wrote: »
    I was on the server at the time and he asked me. I said go ahead because I knew you weren't on for nearly a month

There is still a lot of mountain next to it I can clear, or we can ask zuroph if he would mind me Copy/Pasting it out of the way.

That area was about 1/4 the size, but I leveled it with the POS commands

Either way, we can always fix it :)

no copy pasta. afaik that disrupts things and cause issues. could be wrong so am open to corection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Finally got back on to start building again only to find most of the stairs I had built have disappeared.

Balls, I was up above cloud level with them too.

There was nothing built There, just a random cleared space.

no copy pasta. afaik that disrupts things and cause issues. could be wrong so am open to corection.

Nothing wrong with the copy/paste command :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Server crash or just me?

• Advertisement

Fine for me, and Will is building above me so it's still going anyway.

Advertisement