Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Happened again.

Anyway we can check logs?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Tal definately can. That's about all I know.

Somebody "killed" me earlier who was not an Admin even though I had God Mode on. Probably 10am mind you and the server didn't crash but surely that a "bad" command and will impact on the Server.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Could CherryGhost, humanji, DirtyBollox, DOC09UNAM, Quazzie and shad0whearth please let me know what skins you're using. I have a plan :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm using Gorillaz's Murdoc skin from the Plastic Beach album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Servers offline until I can fix the 'accident' on the server

I'm removing a lot of commands, Admins will no longer have Super pick or POS commands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

i'm using a priest skin i designed myself

Could CherryGhost, humanji, DirtyBollox, DOC09UNAM, Quazzie and shad0whearth please let me know what skins you're using. I have a plan :D
    Stormtrooper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Hitler.

Tallon wrote: »
    Servers offline until I can fix the 'accident' on the server

I'm removing a lot of commands, Admins will no longer have Super pick or POS commands

Think we may need those commands. A few of our 'duties' are leveling land, copying/pasting elements of structures to minimize monotonous work, removing certain blocks and the odd 64x1 dirt spire people use to look at structures from high :p

You can trust admins with these commands, even when we all come on tonight locked out of our heads making TNT spheres ;) jk

Happy St Patricks Day :D

Willbbz wrote: »
    Think we may need those commands. A few of our 'duties' are leveling land, copying/pasting elements of structures to minimize monotonous work, removing certain blocks and the odd 64x1 dirt spire people use to look at structures from high :p

You can trust admins with these commands, even when we all come on tonight locked out of our heads making TNT spheres ;) jk

Happy St Patricks Day :D
    Appreciate that, but I've had reports that some people are messing and abusing the comamnds.

And the server crashed because of them twice today

• Advertisement

Speaking of the Server, how long are we talking to move to a restore point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 jamie5974

sadface, server down lawl

Berty wrote: »
    Speaking of the Server, how long are we talking to move to a restore point?
    I can only do so much from this PC, so cherry's just trying now.

hopefully not long more

just remember lads, dont use beds on the server.

Servers up o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

tal there is a giant wall going through the server going right through the stadium and loltopia

tal there is a giant wall going through the server going right through the stadium and loltopia
    Ok, i'm taking back down again. Should be up later today

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well done lads.

Abuse of commands in the last few days has resulted in:
    - A large area completely ruined
    - The backup function broken. Nothing has been backed up in over 5 days

I've banned a number of commands to all users. Tal will decide on the admin status of other users because of this.

What the hell happened in the last few days?

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    What the hell happened in the last few days?
    People abusing commands

I'm going to have to re-build a large section of the server, and re-shuffle some mods (the temp ones from the large volume of people)

If anyone is bored, feel free to help :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Ill help Tal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

ill help no problem

I was surprised a few times when an admin/mod did something. No idea they were a mod. Thought they were a new user or something. Maybe there are just too many.

I was surprised a few times when an admin/mod did something. No idea they were a mod. Thought they were a new user or something. Maybe there are just too many.

Like who?

Is there new admins?

The servers going to be up and down while I try to fix this, so dont worry of you get kicked

Hope ya get it sorted bud, about to go get hammered now but i'll give a hand tomorrow if ye're still at it :)

What admins are in question?

There aren't enough admins on the server since the boards server launch. Whenever I go on there's never an admin there unless I mention it to Ross(kevin_kremers) who subsequently comes online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Rossgorry

All the admins have been more than helpful in my opinion. Whenever they are asked for help they have no problem doing it. I don't think anybody has been abusing the commands, maybe messing around a bit but nothing serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Ye the same I do be on about 5 or 6 in the morning and theres no admins

We'll all have to discuss it, but Cherry modded a few of you's when there was a lot of users on the server, and now with the Guestlist there not needed.

I was going to leave most of them on, but this messing and abusing of the commands has now affect a lot of peoples buildings and there's no way to get them back
    Rossgorry wrote: »
    All the admins have been more than helpful in my opinion. Whenever they are asked for help they have no problem doing it. I don't think anybody has been abusing the commands, maybe messing around a bit but nothing serious.

They have been, it's in the logs, some people have complained and i've seen them while I was on.

Most of it was in good fun, but when massive projects are destroyed, action has to be taken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

ah jaysus lads this is ridiculous. surely just remove admin priviledges (i can't spell) from those acting the bollocks.

Advertisement