Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

What's the lag on the server like lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Tallon wrote: »
    I just created a Private Social Group for updating the IP address

Feel free to add yourselfs to it so I don't have to keep PM'ing it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=260

Hang on, it's not letting me accept people as members

ive sent a request.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I've accepted them all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

sionnach wrote: »
    What's the lag on the server like lately?

It's perfect atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustAidan

Hey, friend of retrogamer here, trying to join up for the minecraft group.

Hey to everyone, btw.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

JustAidan wrote: »
    Hey, friend of retrogamer here, trying to join up for the minecraft group.

Hey to everyone, btw.

Welcome to boards Aidan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Hi Lads, just bought this... played the free version and then looked at this thread... and it convinced me :D.. its AWESOME!

Can someone pm me the IP? cheers!

For those that want IP's: Join this group, Tallon will accept your request, there's a thread in there where he'll be posting the IP's. It's alot easier.
    Tallon wrote: »
    I just created a Private Social Group for updating the IP address

Feel free to add yourselfs to it so I don't have to keep PM'ing it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=260

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Retr0, would you mind Editing the OP and putting the Social group in please

Cheers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Was playing this evening for a few hours , played on Cians server Tallon cause I could not get to you hope you don't feel cheated !

Will split between both. But Dug a massive labyrinth found lava and water and that purple stuff. made the portal which you cannot go thru yet.

Made a bucket "!!!! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Right, mega tower externals were finished (Thanks everyone), and a couple of the floors inside are done. Would anyone like a floor to do up as they please?

****e, the minecraft wiki appears to have been hacked.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

oeb wrote: »
    Right, mega tower externals were finished (Thanks everyone), and a couple of the floors inside are done. Would anyone like a floor to do up as they please?

wouldnt mind on if ya dont mind. i'll br back on tomorrow to do it up.

I did the floor for 2 floors of the tower. It takes freaking ages ><

• Registered Users Posts: 82,971 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

now you know how I felt when tallon changed the world

Just in case anyone has not seen it =)

day_thumb_2.jpg
    The tower during the day (The open space to the left will probably be turned into a dock or something).

night_thumb.jpg
    The same shot at night.

floor_thumb_3.jpg
    The sheer size of one of the completed floors (There are 10 total and a very big basement, but the ground has not been leveled there yet) at this stage there are maybe four or five complete.

roof_thumb.jpg
    A view from the roof, showing the main entrance to the tower (Which is another, smaller tower. Connected by a bridge.)

At the moment, it all looks pretty bare so I am open to suggestions. As I mentioned, anyone who want's to take over a floor, help yourself. I am kinda keen on holding onto the top two though. I think I may replace the top floors walls with a double layer of glass, and fill the space between them with lava. (Just to make it stand out a bit more =P).

YOU DID NOT SHOW MY ADVENTURE CAVE . Directly behind your tower (i.e the side opposite the bridge side)

I have started digging, I will bring you buckets of lava for your tower !

oeb wrote: »
    Just in case anyone has not seen it =)

day_thumb_2.jpg

No you can see it in this actually , its on the left . The building with the floating component just above it behind the fire closest to the tower !

Its fun for the whole family !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I hope to join in once I get a new laptop, can anyone do a fraps vid of the server, it looks pretty cool.

GO_Bear wrote: »
    YOU DID NOT SHOW MY ADVENTURE CAVE . Directly behind your tower (i.e the side opposite the bridge side)

I have started digging, I will bring you buckets of lava for your tower !

I am also working on a cave in that vicinity.... maybe our paths will cross...

I seen that alright .... my progress is slow becuase I am trying to make this a nice cave , as opposed to my normal hap hazard death traps.

It might !

ah yea, i'm going for the classic death trap situation...

EDIT: Im getting "disconnnected by server - outdated client" errors, Im running Alpha 1.2.3_01 and have redownloaded it and all.. Anyone else having issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

think tallon is busy today and wont be able to have a look. if its still screwed at 6 this evening i'll take a look and see what has gone wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

New update has been released: http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1668140652/smp-health-update-is-out

My server has just been updated so you should be able to connect to it.

think tallon is busy today and wont be able to have a look. if its still screwed at 6 this evening i'll take a look and see what has gone wrong.

It will be unless someone can get to the machine and update the server software. The error is just being caused because the server version is different to the client (Which was updated a couple of hours ago).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Some fixes and some unfixes from the looks of it :pac: PvP could be REALLY interesting!

I wonder will our portal work now cherry :pac::pac::pac::pac:

I toiled for hours in those mines to get enough blocks for it :O

doflynn here btw

• Advertisement

ACID MINES no less

Advertisement