Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

Lol yh I will let him know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

25 posts now :)

jujumushu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

laura-can wrote: »
    25 posts now :)

jujumushu
    Added

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 bigmanjan

can i be added plz
    my mc username is bigmanjan

bigmanjan wrote: »
    can i be added plz
    my mc username is bigmanjan
    Added

• Advertisement

Tallon can i plz have building permissions?
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnR1024

Ummm I do believe notch said on twitter that 1.5 is going to be out this week.
    If so is there gonna be another mob madness weekend?
    And btw statistics are "hackable". :p

JohnR1024 wrote: »
    If so is there gonna be another mob madness weekend?

Not for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭JohnR1024

Tallon wrote: »
    Not for a while
    :(

Lads, I might have to disable / ban fly-mod

I think it's causing some of the heavy lag on the server as it needs to load chunks faster :(

The only alternative would be to upgrade the server even further than I already have, which is costly, and I'm not 100% sure if it would help :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Disable it off for a bit. New warps might need to be set but the /tping will still use chunks but maybe not as much

Willbbz wrote: »
    Disable it off for a bit. New warps might need to be set but the /tping will still use chunks but maybe not as much
    Nah, the chunks only struggle to load because of the speed multiplyer on the flymod

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

Tallon wrote: »
    Nah, the chunks only struggle to load because of the speed multiplyer on the flymod

What about introducing a speed limit of 4x?

The mods could hide around the various castle turrets and towers looking to pull people over for reckless flying.

"Do you have any idea how many chunks per minute you were loading back there?"

Tal plz can i have building permmisions

bigmanjan wrote: »
    Tal plz can i have building permmisions
    You do.

Whats the issue?

I dropped by Bigmanjan's house to welcome him to the server. He asked me how was I flying and I couldn't resist the opportunity to haze a newbie.

293a6gz.png
    He almost had it there for a sec. Just had to run a bit faster. :pac:
    Good sport though. He took it well.

:)

I highly recommend you go have a look at Awesomehoneybears balls

They're so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

just saw you lets play your doing a whole hour tour of the server epic:D
    P.s if you need any help filming just ask :)

I got asked about this by two people at the weekend again, so I promised I'd put this up.

A lot of people have been asking to help with the server by donating to paypal

Obviously noone has to do this, but if you want to help, please feel free to do so :)

paypal_donate.gif Paypal: TallonGraphics@hotmail.com

Also, thank you so much to the people that have helped, and especially to the Admins & users :D

I love you guys :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Why on earth did you have to make me sit down for 2 minutes to watch a video about how the server is running? :confused: It would've been 1000x easier and just as effective just to bold text post the damn thing.

Why on earth did you have to make me sit down for 2 minutes to watch a video about how the server is running? :confused: It would've been 1000x easier and just as effective just to bold text post the damn thing.

I like to talk :o

Also, a lot of people who are on the server, are not boardsie, so it makes total sense, no? :confused:

Someone has places a large portion of lava over me and Teg's base. Its on the silo, airstrip and a around that area. Aswell as some destroyed blocks for the lava to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Xenon560 wrote: »
    Someone has places a large portion of lava over me and Teg's base. Its on the silo, airstrip and a around that area. Aswell as some destroyed blocks for the lava to go through.

Can you go on now and show me>?

sure, I got 5 mins

What happened guys?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'll be looking into the 'Big Brother' plugin for the server. The plugin enables admins to roll back only certain parts of the world to a certain time. Its quite powerful and quite buggy :D

And the update this week will surely break it, so I'll test it before it goes live.

Tal or Cherry, is it possible to install some mod that tells you who modified a block?

I know in the alpha version of minecraft, a lot of the creation servers had an /about command that told admins who placed/destroyed a block and when just by clicking on it.

If we had something like this on the server, it would be so easy to catch griefers. And we definitely have at least one.
    Just looking around, someone griefed the Freedom Tower hoping the wooden floor would catch fire from the lava. Clintmeat's sign in the Pantheon has been changed to clintfag. There are plenty more examples.

It's only a matter of time before something else gets griefed badly like the Pig.
    How are the mods currently catching griefers?

I'll be looking into the 'Big Brother' plugin for the server. The plugin enables admins to roll back only certain parts of the world to a certain time. Its quite powerful and quite buggy :D

And the update this week will surely break it, so I'll test it before it goes live.
    \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I need to get back into Minecraft. IRL is getting boring

Advertisement