Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I got cian to check out my cave last night.

It was basically a poorly lit tunnel with a sign at the end. When you got close enough to read the sign you were standing on a pressure plate that set off 256 blocks of tnt underneath the floor and behind the walls.

You can still see the crater from the main bridge (which I had to rebuild part of because the explosion took it out)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

oeb wrote: »
    It will be unless someone can get to the machine and update the server software. The error is just being caused because the server version is different to the client (Which was updated a couple of hours ago).

i'll get onto that later so.

PS. The sign said "HAHA BOOM"

this is an interesting read.
    Well that’s the bad news. Unfortunately the minimum system requirements will be quite steep. Even after I optimise it more, I expect it will still take at least an Intel i7, 4GB of RAM and a DX11 graphics card to run well. Which means it will only run on Vista or Windows 7. It’s a lot more computationally expensive as you can imagine, so you’re out of luck if you have an older computer. Time to upgrade I guess!
    this is what he is aiming at!!!

this is an interesting read.

this is what he is aiming at!!!

Pleeeeease tell me you are serious and actually believe that page.

• Advertisement

i have no idea what i'm at at the moment. very busy in work here just posting ****e. i'll stop now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

cian1500ww wrote: »
    New update has been released: http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1668140652/smp-health-update-is-out

My server has just been updated so you should be able to connect to it.

Theres ZOMBIES everywhere in your tower... :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

It's fake.

Also, does anyone seriously believe that Java programming is capable of that? Didn't think so.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Korvanica wrote: »

Awesome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

How is the patch ? I expect this will make my Obidisan extraction a lot harder :O. Not to mention water hazards and threat of zombie's !

I will need to enlist mercenaries for my journey to the center of the earth !

I will begin large scale manufacturing of weapons !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Awesome :)

ye i spawned and saw some spiders and thought... hmm ill be safe in that tower... there were 3 up at the top... good times... :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sandbox game has got serious. Time to reinforce our buildings with traps and build teh weapons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Sandbox game has got serious. Time to reinforce our buildings with traps and build teh weapons.

My huge, dark tower is no longer quite as appealing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll have to set up a battery of TNT cannons to deal with the mobs.

I'm gonna build some trip switches and dig a nice big hole for the feckers to rot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

It is possible to turn mobs off, so maybe we get tallon to do that, spend a while making our creations mob proof, and then he can turn them back on xD

Wheres the fun in that? :pac:

Kersmash wrote: »
    It is possible to turn mobs off, so maybe we get tallon to do that, spend a while making our creations mob proof, and then he can turn them back on xD

Hmmmm, obsidian base for the tower, to make it creeper proof, and mandatory lighting guidelines inside ...... this make take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Korvanica wrote: »
    Oh noes :(

Probably should have put a door on it :rolleyes:

oeb wrote: »
    Hmmmm, obsidian base for the tower, to make it creeper proof, and mandatory lighting guidelines inside ...... this make take a while.

screw obsidian!! if yas want i can spawn a ton of bedrock to make things with.

just have to be careful how you place it cause once its placed nothing can move it.

and if ya want the monsters can be turned off as we gather our forces.

• Advertisement

screw obsidian!! if yas want i can spawn a ton of bedrock to make things with.

just have to be careful how you place it cause once its placed nothing can move it.

and if ya want the monsters can be turned off as we gather our forces.

Make a jail out of bedrock for players who don't obey the rules

there should be no spawning of items !!!!

except the idea of a jail !

Have you guys seen Runecraft?

Looks good

I say keep the monsters. I'm going to start a new place and do it from scratch the hard way. Should be on tomorrow night, have a gig tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustAidan

Hey all, still can't join the minecraft group since I only have 2 posts and don't want to spam the forum. Got the ip address off of retrogamer.

I was going to construct a community mine with a lift (waterfall plus boats up and down) that anyone can use for materials and access to the lower ore filled levels (0-10 so beware of lava). Also going to build a workshop above it with block storage and a large number of furnaces for anyone who wants a lot of furnace work done quickly.

Then a massive water/aquaduct connecting all peoples building areas, with scenic viewing stops, with picnic tables. (cue maniacally laughter).

....Think I am going to enjoy minecraft.

JustAidan wrote: »
    Hey all, still can't join the minecraft group since I only have 2 posts and don't want to spam the forum. Got the ip address off of retrogamer.

I was going to construct a community mine with a lift (waterfall plus boats up and down) that anyone can use for materials and access to the lower ore filled levels (0-10 so beware of lava). Also going to build a workshop above it with block storage and a large number of furnaces for anyone who wants a lot of furnace work done quickly.

Then a massive water/aquaduct connecting all peoples building areas, with scenic viewing stops, with picnic tables. (cue maniacally laughter).

....Think I am going to enjoy minecraft.

You sir, Have my pick axe

AAAADJ7ozSkAAAAAAFt32Q.jpg?1258910163

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustAidan

GO_Bear wrote: »
    You sir, Have my pick axe

AAAADJ7ozSkAAAAAAFt32Q.jpg?1258910163

Rockin'!

Only one server seems to be up so going there later. Also we may need to build a little hut around the spawn point so people don't get "mobbed" (ho ho a pun) at night.

Join Tallons minecraft group for server details, think he has to accept you tho.
    Currently there are two. Cians which I built my elaborate death trap of a mine in, and Tallons, which boasts impressive feats of construction !

"mobbed" (ho ho a pun) a

Puns like that will get you banned ;D

• Advertisement

I was going to construct a community mine with a lift (waterfall plus boats up and down) that anyone can use for materials and access to the lower ore filled levels

not 100% of whether or not he fixed the boat system (it is still a bit glitchy) but that sounds fantastic.
    (0-10 so beware of lava). Also going to build a workshop above it with block storage and a large number of furnaces for anyone who wants a lot of furnace work done quickly.

it might have only been me and it has been 2 updates since but when i tried using the furnace underground i lost my coal and resource i was smelting at the time. go ahead with it but just a heads up to what might happen.

Glad your enjoying minecraft.

ITS BLOCKTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advertisement