Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustAidan

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Join Tallons minecraft group for server details, think he has to accept you tho.
    Currently there are two. Cians which I built my elaborate death trap of a mine in, and Tallons, which boasts impressive feats of construction !

Will do as soon as my post count reaches 25.

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Puns like that will get you banned ;D

I'll stop then, I don't want to be punished.

I'll put the furnace area above ground so that people can use it for glass/smooth stone production. Will have 10-20, or more, furnaces going for rapid production.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

it might have only been me and it has been 2 updates since but when i tried using the furnace underground i lost my coal and resource i was smelting at the time. go ahead with it but just a heads up to what might happen.

I was using the furnaces in my undersea hideout pretty regularly last week. They worked fine. It looks like it was fixed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

it might have only been me and it has been 2 updates since but when i tried using the furnace underground i lost my coal and resource i was smelting at the time. go ahead with it but just a heads up to what might happen.

Happened to me a lot. Found that if I did my smelting deeper underground there was less lag and this didn't happen.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Happened to me a lot. Found that if I did my smelting deeper underground there was less lag and this didn't happen.

Odd that. Anyway I will build them above ground for easier access.

Guess we're not going to see any TNT cannons unless we want to server to crash then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

JustAidan wrote: »
    Odd that. Anyway I will build them above ground for easier access.

Guess we're not going to see any TNT cannons unless we want to server to crash then :D

i think he still has to fix those. tried it once and it just belw up in my face. more than likely i was doing it wrong.

• Advertisement

i think he still has to fix those. tried it once and it just belw up in my face. more than likely i was doing it wrong.

Seen some big ones of those on youtube.

Plus how to make a snow mine field. (<-- awesome)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I doubt it'd make the server crash but there's only one way to know :rolleyes:

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I doubt it'd make the server crash but there's only one way to know :rolleyes:

Oooooh stress testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Jumpy wrote: »
    We really need a dedicated server at this point :)
    Having a dedicated server in a datacentre in Dublin is being looked into..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Cian has set us up with one.

Its on a 100mb link in France.

• Advertisement

Oooooh stress testing.

A very fun form of stress testing!! :D
    the_syco wrote: »
    Cian has set us up with one.
    Its on a 100mb link in France.
    Yep, I have a dedi running a minecraft server, IP's in Tallon's minecraft group. Don't think anyone has any serious lag issues with it.

the_syco wrote: »

it is?

I seem to be having a problem on both servers since the update.

Monsters are there. But they are invisible.

(Also, can we get enemies and health switched off on one of the servers? Have it for more creative projects? I went to work on the tower there, and it's now got a big hole in it, thanks to a (invisible may I add) creeper).

oeb wrote: »
    I seem to be having a problem on both servers since the update.

Monsters are there. But they are invisible.

(Also, can we get enemies and health switched off on one of the servers? Have it for more creative projects? I went to work on the tower there, and it's now got a big hole in it, thanks to a (invisible may I add) creeper).
    There's a discussion on the group page with regards to having one with monsters and one without. It makes no difference to me whether mine runs with or without monsters so I'll leave it to Tallon to decide.

I can see monsters fine, maybe if you try changing some of the options??

i'm gonna update the server tonight with the new updates and set monsters off. that was one of the sworst things in the early days. building a deadly thing and then it just disappears cause of the invisible creepers. give it about another hour and a half or so before you try logging onto the creation server. (just dubbed it that) i'll update it and tweak settings so they wont annoy anyone.

I'll leave mine with monsters enabled so, I'll protect the spawn area from the monsters as soon as I get a chance.

Jumped on yours cian and immediately got creepered. It was excellent.

server is back up and running. no monsters in it and you can kill the animals.

player health is fixed so you can receive damage but it will refill itself.

so no jumping off the top of oeb's tower :D

Cian your server needs a reset. Anyone who dies is left in a ghost state. Cant pick stuff up and cant be killed.

I set off 300 or so TNT blocks with Doflynn and neither of us were hurt. And still neither of us could pick stuff up.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Aye we shrugged it off like optimus prime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 IrishSf 1993

Tallon can you please pm me the ip or your server please :o

Cian your server needs a reset. Anyone who dies is left in a ghost state. Cant pick stuff up and cant be killed.

I set off 300 or so TNT blocks with Doflynn and neither of us were hurt. And still neither of us could pick stuff up.
    I'll do a restart in a couple of minutes

Tallon can you please pm me the ip or your server please :o

please:(

cian1500ww wrote: »
    I'll do a restart in a couple of minutes

Its reset itself to yesterday.

I just made the stupidest house ever (It's behind the tower)

please:(

Join the social group.

Its reset itself to yesterday.
    Damn, mustn't be saving properly. Not much I can do about that, is much people's work lost??

I've got my server back to proper working order I think, update must have screwed something up with the player data files so I deleted them and got everyone to reconnect. Seems ok now, people were turning invisible and not dieing.

oeb wrote: »
    I just made the stupidest house ever (It's behind the tower)

Join the social group.

did you not get it eitheer ?

• Advertisement

Invisible bug is back again on my server, turns out it's an official bug now and a temporary fix is to delete the players .dat file but that only works until they die again.

There's a whole bunch of other bugs including the invisible creepers, look's like Notch is gonna be busy :D

Official Bug List: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1013&t=91511

Advertisement