Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭JustAidan

Still excellent fun for an Alpha.

(Shamelessly racking up post counts to reach 25 and join the minecraft group)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

F**kety gravity cost me 384 stone, a heap of other materials, 8 ladders... f**k.

I managed to make an awesome waterfall, though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

the_syco wrote: »
    I managed to make an awesome waterfall, though :D

I find its hard to control the water !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I love setting up pressure plate mines. So watch where you walk on cians server :)

I also used dynamite drilling to create a pit that goes down to bedrock underneath cians sky tower. Its crossed with a bridge made of ice. So its risky to cross.

All it needs now is a Gandalf shouting "YOU SHALL NOT PASS"

I fell victim to the invisible trap man last night.

Wrecked the entrance to my mine !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

My server crashed last night at 6am, apparently another bug from the new update is a memory leak issue which eventually causes the server the stop. I've restarted it and cleared the player data files so hopefully it won't do that again any time soon.

Notch is supposed to release an update today or tomorrow to fix some of the bugs like the invisibility. The next fairly big update is supposed to be around Christmas.

Edit: Also if anyone has experienced the invisible creepers, what difficulty option do you have selected in options??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

cian1500ww wrote: »
    My server crashed last night at 6am, apparently another bug from the new update is a memory leak issue which eventually causes the server the stop. I've restarted it and cleared the player data files so hopefully it won't do that again any time soon.?

Just crashed on me a minute ago....

Korvanica wrote: »
    Just crashed on me a minute ago....
    Try reconnecting, server didn't crash, you got disconnected because of an internal socket exception. Hopefully it's just a once of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

Has the IP of tallons server changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

it shouldnt have. at the most the only thing that happened in the past few days was the server going down cause of the update but its back up and running now.

what are you getting when you try and connect?

• Advertisement

Having a blast (damn creepers) on the survival server. Thanks to whoever is helping with the community mine. It currently goes straight to lv0-11 (lava level is lv10), was going to throw up some signs with the levels ores can be found at.

Then more building.

Honestly Minecraft is such a simple game at heart but I am having difficulty thinking of another game like it.

JustAidan wrote: »
    Having a blast (damn creepers) on the survival server. Thanks to whoever is helping with the community mine. It currently goes straight to lv0-11 (lava level is lv10), was going to throw up some signs with the levels ores can be found at.

Then more building.

Honestly Minecraft is such a simple game at heart but I am having difficulty thinking of another game like it.

Yea its great... I stuck a few furnaces and workbenches near the entrance of the mine, I also made an underwater storage facility...

Yea its great... I stuck a few furnaces and workbenches near the entrance of the mine, I also made an underwater storage facility...

Sweet, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

JustAidan wrote: »

Then more building.

You should dig the levels across to The Pit. Make sure you put fences in front of the drop though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Now that there's fall damage here's a tip I discovered. If you duck you won't fall down a ledge. Really helpful for building or mining in precarious positions.

Jumpy wrote: »
    You should dig the levels across to The Pit. Make sure you put fences in front of the drop though.

Oooh I like that thinking.

Threw up some signs with the levels that ores occur.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Look down, hold shift, walk backwards and place blocks to build a bridge in mid air, its very handy.

new update just there... fixed some bugs i presume yea?

Yep new update, thanks for the heads up, I'll have to update the server as well.
    http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1681247283/bug-update-1-more-coming-tomorrow

The community mine is looking nice indeed everyone.

Once we get the mine busy and build up some blocks I suggest a farm out into the water to the left of the mine (mainly cause I'm getting attacked loads in the mine :D). Just because I love that floating island :).

Farming goes better with a water tile up to four blocks away horizontally but not below the field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

i imagine i'll have to redo the server again so.

i'll get the other server up and running again in the next few minutes aswell.

My server's updated, seems to have fixed the invisibility bug I think. He's supposed to release another small update tomorrow that fixes further issues.

I keep crashing when I join

GO_Bear wrote: »
    I keep crashing when I join
    I seen that in the logs, what error do you get and have you updated to the latest version??

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fouloleron

Count me in, was looking for a home grown minecraft server :D

Ah minecraft: Anecdotal proof that humans are instinctively driven have the greatest impact on their environment :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Now that there's fall damage here's a tip I discovered. If you duck you won't fall down a ledge. Really helpful for building or mining in precarious positions.

Thats how I build bridges etc. you can just keep walking backwards and hold the right click

btw, I was AFK the last few days at a funeral. Is anyone on my server? Or are you's all on Cians?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Also proof that if you give humans creative control, eventually someone is going to draw a dick.

Tallon wrote: »
    Thats how I build bridges etc. you can just keep walking backwards and hold the right click

btw, I was AFK the last few days at a funeral. Is anyone on my server? Or are you's all on Cians?

If Cians is the 188.xxx.xxx.xxx then that's were I am. He has monsters and I am trying to tame a creeper through constant petting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭twinQuins

Is there room for one more? Last server I was on is now gone.

Advertisement