Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Haven't played in ages, must try pop on this evening!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Can't connect :mad: Broken netcode is broken!!

EDIT - Got on. Whole place was griefed, TNT'd, everything was taken, place was torn apart looking for secret chests, which they found :mad:

There really is no point in playing online without Bukkit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Gargonaught

Hello, apart from asking for whitelist is there any other information thats needed to be given by me?

MC Name: Gargonaught

any other info you need let me know.

Gargo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Hi interested in joining the server new to minecraft!

Whitelist please.

Mc name: LawlessBoy

EDIT- Just wondering do i just hit "Direct Connect" then punch in the ip address? never played MC multiplayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 noobacus

very sorry if this has been posted earlier but i was wonder as iv been away from minecraft for a while any chance of a list of commands or how do i get it, im sure this is probably pretty basic but iv forgotten all of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

LawlessBoy wrote: »
    Hi interested in joining the server new to minecraft!

Mc name: LawlessBoy

EDIT- Just wondering do i just hit "Direct Connect" then punch in the ip address? never played MC multiplayer.

The server is temporary, I dont think there's a whitelist. You can direct connnect or you can add a server, so you'd enter the ip and a name and it will save for you so you dont have to remember the ip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Kersmash wrote: »
    The server is temporary, I dont think there's a whitelist. You can direct connnect or you can add a server, so you'd enter the ip and a name and it will save for you so you dont have to remember the ip.

Okay thanks. Know are reasons why it isn't letting me connect?

AFAIK ALL servers are like that - there's some serious bugs in the already-super-buggy netcode in 1.0.0 :o Just persevere and you'll get on :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AlanKenny

Can I be whitelisted please? Stretch_Kenny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

what does whitelisted mean ?

:confused:

• Advertisement

blobby360 wrote: »

A whitelist is a list of names that the server checks when someone tries to log on. If someone isn't on the list the server denies that someone access.

hth

Gargo.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

blobby360 wrote: »

think of a minecraft server as a VIP club. The whitelist is the bouncer.The bouncer can only allow people in who are on the list.Changes are made to the list by the admins who are the mangement/cleaners/barmen of said club.They give out drinks and throw out assholes and tell the bouncer who to let in. They also clean up after said assholes.The players are the people in the club. They also clean up after said assholes. If they need a drink they ask the bar men and if they cause trouble they get thrown out(kicked) or are banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

There is no whitelist at the moment!

When Bukkit is updated, I'll add all the people on the previous page to the whitelist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 AlanKenny

Ah right cheers lad :). I wont be able to get into the server until then will I? And any idea of how long it'll take till it's updated?

You can log on now if you upgrade to minecraft 1.0.0

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Can't connect 0o

• Registered Users Posts: 41 minecrafter1

can u put me on the whitelist my nickname is techdecker5_1 tallon

Tallon wrote: »
    There is no whitelist at the moment!

When Bukkit is updated, I'll add all the people on the previous page to the whitelist

Cool thanks Tallon.

Was on the server for a little bit not doing much and just have a couple Q's for you.

When bukkit is installed will the map be reset to a fresh one or is there an old world with structures and stuff that you'll be using?

Is the lava rule there to try and avoid server lag or some such type thing?
    I only ask because sometimes in my worlds I'll grab a bucket of it to make a disposal furnace somewhere in my basement.

Is there a list of plugins anywhere that you use for the server when bukkits running?

Thats all really, i'm just kinda curious is all.

Thanks.

Gargo.

Tallon?

Server crashed? Only polled once and only had one person on it, can't connect...

• Advertisement

I'v got "Communication Error" all day

It was up earlier but like all 1.0.0 servers a total biatch to actually log into. Now its as utterly dead as the Boards server :(

I'v another 1.0.0 server on my list, it's been up all day long and I havn't had a problem logging in

Fine for me

mc.taltallon.com

Tallon wrote: »
    Fine for me

mc.taltallon.com
    No lies there.

I'v another 1.0.0 server on my list, it's been up all day long and I havn't had a problem logging in
    I have issues logging into all 1.0 servers.. theres a general issue at the moment!

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/797133-minecraft-100-server-connection-problem/

It's a known issue...

Mojang are currently to hungover to fix it

so what is the ip address and name

tallon

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭killerhitman

Solitaire wrote: »
    It was up earlier but like all 1.0.0 servers a total biatch to actually log into. Now its as utterly dead as the Boards server :(

you really have no luck do you?

• Advertisement

Its on nearly everypage, read the thread dude!

In fact, it's like 3 posts above yours

Advertisement