Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Gargonaught

@Tallon

Hello, can you pencil me in for a meeting to discuss the most recent ban on the server...namely that griefer Obsidian.

I would like to appeal that ban, however some kind of chat software will be needed on your side as forums and typing never convey the subtleties of actual speech.

I like your server and the folks on there and would like to help make it as open and fun as it possibly can be without the need for banning blocks.

So TS i have, Skype I have, other speech software I can grab and install if required. All I really need is an appointed time and software to use :)

Oh I should say in advance before the "to busy" word is used, no one is ever that busy :P

ps i hate typing, i typo way to much.

Gargo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Add me on Skype It's under my name there
    <<<

Who banned you, and for what?

Tallon wrote: »
    Add me on Skype It's under my name there
    <<<

Who banned you, and for what?

I wasn't banned, wanted to chat to you about the obsidian block ban :)

Added on skype.

Gargo.

I wasn't banned, wanted to chat to you about the obsidian block ban :)

Gargo.
    Grand, well I'll be home about 6pm and can talk to you on skype then?

Or here or you can send me a PM now! :)

Grand, well I'll be home about 6pm and can talk to you on skype then?

Or here or you can send me a PM now! :)

Well we could have a discuss here I suppose but you, and everyone else, will have to overlook my glaring typo's if i miss some lol.

Anyway, let me start by saying I'm happy enough to use the spawn portal for nether so I don't need a portal of my own, even though they do look cool :).

Thing is not being allowed play with obsidian blocks for other stuff like in buildings is a tad rough, I had already spent the time gather almost 3 stacks of the stuff with hopes of using it in a build at some stage.

i know the block is banned because of illegal portals, but need to know is this because of server lag or because it messes up other portals that maybe close by?

If it the latter one I can help there and make sure all portals that may be made by others are aligned correctly with it's nether counterpart so mess ups don't happen.
    If it's lag, can't do much there tbh.

but maybe there could be an allowance for responsible folks who would only use it in other constructions to be allowed do so.

To make it easier anyone wishing to play with the block would go on list for tracking so anyone who uses it without permission could be dealt with as admin/mods see fit.

I just don't want to see stuff become unusable because of folks who don't listen to or pay attention to the rules.

Anyhow, I don't have any massive obsidian tower projects in mind but it's nice to be able to make a place a little different by using any block you can obtain legit.

Well there's my plea for the release of that cool block Obsidian.

I'm a bit sad, but out of all the blocks in game I like obsidian the most :S lol

Gargo.

• Advertisement

The way it is now, Obsidion is banned becase there was over 20 portals made on the server and they completely messed up the nether spawn.

People were completely ignoring the rules

The server is using a Devolopement build of Bukkit, so this may be to do with it

Once the official bukkit release is out, then we will be allowing people to make portals and use obsidion!

It may be a case that I will need a plugin to stop multiple portals in the normal world from creating new ones in the nether, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it :)

The portal is protected in the nether now too, so it should be okay, but for the moment while we run the Dev Build, they are banned.

I hope that helps and answers your questions :)

The way it is now, Obsidion is banned becase there was over 20 portals made on the server and they completely messed up the nether spawn.

The server is using a Devolopement build of Bukkit, so this may be to do with it

Once the official bukkit release is out, then we will be allowing people to make portals and use obsidion!

It may be a case that I will need a plugin to stop multiple portals in the normal world from creating new ones in the nether, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it :)

The portal is protected in the nether now too, so it should be okay, but for the moment while we run the Dev Build, they are banned.

Yep no problem, as I said I don't need a portal but can assist you guys in aligning them correctly so they don't interfere with each other, for when, or if, you want to make a portal travel network linking areas in the overworld that are too far apart to run to or make a rail network to.
    Nether travel makes for real fast travel over vast distances.

I have just finished creating a showcase, in my csp, to show how close you can have portals and not have them interfere with each other, they just need proper aligning in the nether.

I haven't made a vid of it but I'll get on that and link it so you can see how cool it can be when folks do it right :)

note: haven't messed with vid making so may need so time :S

Have to wait for RB bukkit though to see where we are for an actual network, if there's call for one that is. :)

Thanks for the response Tallon, I'll try to making that quick vid and if folks want the explanation of how it works I can do a quick one of those too I suppose :) .

Gargo.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If it the latter one I can help there and make sure all portals that may be made by others are aligned correctly with it's nether counterpart so mess ups don't happen.

We didn't have a problem with that on the previous Boards map, but that might have had something to do with the fact that 1.8 wasn't buggy with portals and I personally built 90% of the Nether infrastructure on said map... before I was even op'd :o:o:o I'm actually trying to make it a permanent rule on the Boards server that people have to be responsible or they'll have their portals rammed up their backside :)
    but maybe there could be an allowance for responsible folks who would only use it in other constructions to be allowed do so.

To make it easier anyone wishing to play with the block would go on list for tracking so anyone who uses it without permission could be dealt with as admin/mods see fit.

I just don't want to see stuff become unusable because of folks who don't listen to or pay attention to the rules.

^ This

People building portals shouldn't mess up the spawn portal - in fact a new Netherside portal is only spawned if a Realside portal can't link to a Netherside portal within 128m of its relative coordinates, so in practice a new Nether portal is only spawned if a) a Realside portal over 1km from any matching portal pair is used for the first time, or b) a realside portal is used while all Netherside counterparts within 128m are ALL deactivated by Ghasts. That's the catch, right there - and the commonest cause of dodgy dupe gates. The other is idiots messing around or just failing at creating Netherside portals, and IMHO those are best resolved on a case-by-case basis.

I think I need to appoint Nether Marshalls :D

I finally got a video nailed down and uploaded.
    It took me hrs to do. I was nervous as hell and stressed to bits, be gentle :)

anyway here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTRt-UPXMRk

Hope it makes some sence lol

Gargo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Jeese Louise reading these posts when I'm just up makes me just wanna say...chill out for god's sake :P and then scream and rant about dev. build until one of you slaps me in the face for being hysterical :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

^^ Are you ok?:D

What ever happened to the old mc.taltallon.com server. that there is a new 1.0 server not 1.0.0 bukkit. Looks like a very catholic place.:pac:

Also that vid needs to bee's updated. im sure there are potential peeps out there. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Could i be whitelisted please, might pop on and have a look.

IGN: DOC09UNAM

^^ Are you ok?:D

What ever happened to the old mc.taltallon.com server. that there is a new 1.0 server not 1.0.0 bukkit. Looks like a very catholic place.:pac:

Also that vid needs to bee's updated. im sure there are potential peeps out there. :pac:

From the OP, oh yeah, I forgot :D

Enderman will do it when he gets a chance and replace it with this one:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqZdUe3yK5c
    DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Could i be whitelisted please, might pop on and have a look.

IGN: DOC09UNAM

Added <3

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Do music blocks work on the server, can't get mine to work?

Yeah, whats the problem you're having?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

I had a doorbell set up, but it didn't seem to be ringing.

NVM, think I just had it placed where I couldn't hear it when I rang :s

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

server has gone down...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

server has gone down...

Just as im about to go on.

• Advertisement

Sorry guys, up now :)

Stupid Skrillex :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Sorry guys, up now :)

Stupid Skrillex :P

Never blame Skrillex:D Hes Beast:D:D

edit: this isn't a rant or rage thing, i'm just abit browned off tbh :(

Someone went into my place last night or early hours of the morning and stole my enchanting block, they also stole all the wood and saplings from a chest I had forgot to set a sign for, my fault there.

Anyway, I just wanted to let the thief who did it know that I've taken all the signs off my chest so go steal till you drop.

Before anyone says door sign, they don't work when they can dig through your wall.

Anyway, it's the last straw so I'll be leaving the server, not due only to thieving nobs but the lack of logic on Tals end.
    I tried to help there, I really did :S

I'll be on Boards server for the time being.

Good luck to the guys I got to hang with o/ .

Gargonaught

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

i have an idea of who may have taken it. There was someone last night looking frantically for an enchantment table to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Someone went into my place last night or early hours of the morning and stole my enchanting block, they also stole all the wood and saplings from a chest I had forgot to set a sign for, my fault there.

Anyway, I just wanted to let the thief who did it know that I've taken all the signs off my chest so go steal till you drop.

Before anyone says door sign, they don't work when they can dig through your wall.

Anyway, it's the last straw so I'll be leaving the server, not due only to thieving nobs but the lack of logic on Tals end.

Gargonaught

Thats horrible to hear. I can tell you i was the last one on the server till 4am. Epic Dean and Lovely_spuds had left but were with me at the time. so it could been from 1am when tal left the server to 4am or it could been 4am to 9am. but seriously horrible to hear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

Gargonaught

I would like to ask you why you're saying it's a lack of logic on Tal's end exactly? We are all aware that people can break through the walls of the house if they want to steal something, it's not his fault either that you left the chest unlocked. As for breaking in and stealing your enchantment table, you could have asked Tal to check the logs and one of us would have replaced it for you. I was on the server until 6am and nobody was up to anything so it was obv. this morning at some point.

Sorry you feel that way Garg.

Can you explain this please?

If I don't know there's an issue, I can't fix it!

laura-can wrote: »
    I would like to ask you why you're saying it's a lack of logic on Tal's end exactly? We are all aware that people can break through the walls of the house if they want to steal something, it's not his fault either that you left the chest unlocked. As for breaking in and stealing your enchantment table, you could have asked Tal to check the logs and one of us would have replaced it for you. I was on the server until 6am and nobody was up to anything so it was obv. this morning at some point.

Sorry you feel that way Garg.

I think it's for Tal alone to ask and I'd be more than happy to tell him what I see as wrong, but not on the forum for all to see.

As for the chest, I didn't blame anyone but myself. please re-read my post I said plainly that it was my fault for no sign on it :S

Gargo.

Can you explain this please?

If I don't know there's an issue, I can't fix it!

yea sure, but not in text.

gargo.

• Advertisement

yea sure, but not in text.

gargo.
    Hit me up on skype if you want!

Advertisement