Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Sorry lads... Can someone please try and log in

"Here ye, here ye"

Come to the burning of the boat, tonight at 9PM sharp...

It's only in the way and needs to be shifted :)

"Oh hai Cossax"

burningboat.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

Just had my first look around before falling to my death :D Really impressive stuff, the cathedral is amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Built my first house. Basically a nicer version of the log cabin I built on tallons first server. Despite the fireplace being set up correctly stuff got set on fire, cue a rampant attempt to put it out, which was successful. Repaired the damage and checked the fireplace and everything is right. Lit it again and it seems to be working now. Keeping some water handy though, just in case.

Oh, I think I may have built my gaff in a place where someone else had planned something by mistake? it's by the wheat farm, in that levelled out area at the back, doesn't take up much room. If there's any hassle just lemme know and I'll knock it down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Building something into the side of that hill that still remains by the cathedral so hopefully it isn't earmarked for levelling :D.

Also had an amazing idea. All that free space under the cathderal? A crypt! Like 1x2 corridors and tiny 3x3 rooms every so often. Make it like a maze with only a couple of exits. Could be cool if done right. Maybe people add branches here and there at their leisure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 xtortionx50

thats awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Building something into the side of that hill that still remains by the cathedral so hopefully it isn't earmarked for levelling :D.

Also had an amazing idea. All that free space under the cathderal? A crypt! Like 1x2 corridors and tiny 3x3 rooms every so often. Make it like a maze with only a couple of exits. Could be cool if done right. Maybe people add branches here and there at their leisure.

go down under the cathedral from the back and check the underground out. :D

during construction of the cathedral i found a hole to hell under there. (just a massive hole that goes straight to bedrock.) fell in a few times so be careful.

Thats an awesome idea... Do it :D

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    Built my first house. Basically a nicer version of the log cabin I built on tallons first server. Despite the fireplace being set up correctly stuff got set on fire, cue a rampant attempt to put it out, which was successful. Repaired the damage and checked the fireplace and everything is right. Lit it again and it seems to be working now. Keeping some water handy though, just in case.

Oh, I think I may have built my gaff in a place where someone else had planned something by mistake? it's by the wheat farm, in that levelled out area at the back, doesn't take up much room. If there's any hassle just lemme know and I'll knock it down :)

Said it to you last night but I'm delighted to have a neighbour on the same level as me! :D

EDIT: What would people think of us constructing a new planned village a bit away from the current one once we're finished with the main building/fitting out/crypt?
    We could level land if needed, build it by the sea, create a bunch of beach-houses and link it back to the main one by rail? Holidays homes FTW.

Cossax wrote: »
    Said it to you last night but I'm delighted to have a neighbour on the same level as me! :D

EDIT: What would people think of us constructing a new planned village a bit away from the current one once we're finished with the main building/fitting out/crypt?
    We could level land if needed, build it by the sea, create a bunch of beach-houses and link it back to the main one by rail? Holidays homes FTW.
    You should build a café and go on a date with him

yeah, sounds good..

How far away were you thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

I like the idea of a nice beach house :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The world needs a Metro station :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

that wouldnt be a bad idea. would it be possoble to put in an automated cart service?

just have it so that minecarts are moving along the track continously. (not powered ones as they will require a refil every now and then)

i'll think on it as it might be possible with enough boosters on the line.

It does... It also needs a 'proper' minecart system

that wouldnt be a bad idea. would it be possoble to put in an automated cart service?

just have it so that minecarts are moving along the track continously. (not powered ones as they will require a refil every now and then)

i'll think on it as it might be possible with enough boosters on the line.

Depends how far away the system would go, after a certain distance they just stop on the track even with boosters - the program just forgets about them.

I was thinking of an on demand system, so you hop in the cart and automatically a booster is activated and flings you on your way. :cool:

Tallon wrote: »
    You should build a café and go on a date with him

yeah, sounds good..

How far away were you thinking?

Maybe I will!

I dunno, just somewhere down the coast a bit (with my house and greenhouses done, I'm a bit bored!). Will have a look when I get on later, see if I can find a nice location for it.

I think the IP has changed again, Tallon. Just to let you know.

Nope wait. It's all good now.

I think the IP has changed again, Tallon. Just to let you know.
    Nope, still the same... Are you having issues? I was just on with some other people

Latest IP is here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=767

:)

• Advertisement

Seems the problem was on my end. Crisis averted :D.

minecraft.net is down and I can't even log into minecraft. I dun wanna play offline :(

Just tried it now - seems to still be down (or its down again)

*Tries to remember what he did before minecraft*

Ok, the site is back up now but the server doesn't want to let me in :(

Minecraft.net went down and brought the server with it.

I'm just home and it's back up now :)

still cant connect :(

wait, im in. Minecraft just updated.

SERVER IP Changed

Can someone try now please

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Tallon wrote: »
    They're all diamond so last a good bit
    Unless notch fixed the glitch, dropping the diamond pick axe, and picking it up again renews it's "health" to 100% :cool:

• Advertisement

notch fixed it!

Advertisement