Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

alright lads i want to put a window/logo above the doors in the cathedral. any ideas for a logo or something like that?

pic of cathedral and soon to be location of window/logo is here. so go nuts and we can decide on what looks good when a few ideas are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

How about we try for a stained glass look? Mine out a circular (or whatever) shape above the door and stick in glass and diamond/gold/iron/similar blocks to give it a bit of colour?

Had a bit of an accident with lava in my house earlier. :o
    Cleared and leveled the site afterwards with TigGrim's help and have left it to WilliamOC to build his house. Am moving more towards the bank and train-station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Woops. I went on this morning while drunk and seen his house had replaced yours, I assumed he demolished it and built his own :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Can I get an invite to the server if possible? Looking for somewhere to make a home...

• Advertisement

I've added you to the social group in the OP

You'll find the server IP there :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hello thar, I have a proposal for our proposed Metro station. My idea not only will make stations easier to connect underground, but also have a standardized preset for most stations.

The minecarts will be bedrock protected and launched via TNT, also bedrock protected, with a lever and redstone routed to the TNT while you're in the cart. I'd like to call it the Rocket Metro :D

Anyways, back to starting the idea. For small stations for your own area and such, a standard small building will do
    attachment.php?attachmentid=144737&stc=1&d=1295802469

Everyone knows the large lake by the great well. But yep. This is our marker. Water level. We want to ensure that where we have our metro system that it's not flooded in while under construction. Of course routes can be put through the lakes but for now, the arrival and departure areas will be below the lowest water level in the lakes/seas.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=144738&stc=1&d=1295802510

The design for the route to the Metro tracks will be a spiral shaped, with two sets of stairs 2 blocks deep before a flat turn and then 2 down again etc etc.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=144739&stc=1&d=1295802656

This is repeated until you've reached water level. I estimated water level by counting the level of blocks up to the entrance of my metro building, then counting 8 blocks down as I walked down the spiral. I marked 8 blocks deep with a torch either side. Alternatively, you can use MinecraftAM or X-Ray
    attachment.php?attachmentid=144740&stc=1&d=1295802837

Once you've reached that water level, count 11 blocks down in a diagonal fashion, adding the staircases as you progress. Than 11 blocks below water level is our standard for the metro system. The water in seas/lakes generally tend to be about 6-8 levels deep max, so 11 levels is plenty of headroom.

Aesthetically, I'm looking to keep everything all neat and tidy, the staircase is wooden so the surround area is too.

So, this is the track room, unfinished as yet, 3 directions. So yep, thats it. Opinions?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=144742&d=1295803223

NERD!

I propose cherryghost gets the Metro-building contract. All in favour?

Agreed :D

just tried to log on there and it wouldnt let me. minecraft.net is down itself so i imagine that the account verification servers are down again.

hopefully it'll come back up soon.

• Advertisement

Notch wrote:
    This update is a tiny one just to make the client download skins directly from Amazon S3 instead of from minecraft.net.

Much of this week was lost migrating the server to the cloud, something that Tobias did an amazing job working on. Most of the site has been moved now, and seems to be running much faster than before. We’ve got five servers behind a load balancer, and a dedicated server for payment processing, and another for ingame authentication and login, although that won’t be in use until we update the game launcher.

Speaking of the Launcher, I spent the start of the week working on it, and here’s what it currently looks like:

tumblr_lfdmbnIhPG1qzb7ox.png

That news area is loaded from the interwebs and will contain release notes so you know what’s changed. When you start the game, the launcher will ask you if you want to download the new update or not. Eventually there will also be an option in the launcher to choose where to load/save maps from.

Looks good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Do you have to pay to play the game? Looks interesting.

You have to pay for multiplayer, you can play the single player for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Tallon wrote: »
    You have to pay for multiplayer, you can play the single player for free
    Well that is a big pile of ghey.

I want this multiplayer but lack the right card for it!

Damn you laser card, damn youuuuuuuuu!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Metro system works :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 assassin_chad

hey i have been playing minecraft for a bit and today i am trying to play it at my gf's house and every time i log in im in a void or if not i cant interact with any thing and after a min it says stream ended and kicks me.... are there any answers on how to fix this i have been looking for hours.... it works fine on my pc:confused:

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Well that is a big pile of ghey.

I want this multiplayer but lack the right card for it!

Damn you laser card, damn youuuuuuuuu!
    Send me your Minecraft loggin details and I'll buy it for you.

You can pay me back next time I see you

hey i have been playing minecraft for a bit and today i am trying to play it at my gf's house and every time i log in im in a void or if not i cant interact with any thing and after a min it says stream ended and kicks me.... are there any answers on how to fix this i have been looking for hours.... it works fine on my pc:confused:

What server are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

switch is a pain cherry couldn't get it sorted but i did set up a circuit outside your house of something kinda cool i copied from some guys YouTube vid that can be used

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

:eek:

fire_1.png

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    :eek:

fire_1.png

You can blame Mickey

He is working on putting them out though and replanting new ones

tomorrow night i'll sort it all out properly. but i would appreciate any help anyone can provide as it is a massive area.

i can understand if anyone has other things to work on though :)

I'll give you a hand, I need a break from the cobblestone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

the_syco wrote: »
    Smooth server. Dug a hole to the bottom of the level (can no longer dig any further). "Castle" type entrance near by the main.

attachment.php?attachmentid=144548&stc=1&d=1295665943
    To the retard who destroyed my mini-castle

FÚCK YOU

I spent many hours mining/building it. Luckily it's just the top part gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I spent many hours mining/building it. Luckily it's just the top part gone.
    Seems it was in the wrong place. Uh. Anyhoo's, put the entrance nearby. Handy for anyone who wants lava for... I dunno. Stuff.

Seems it was in the wrong place. Uh. Anyhoo's, put the entrance nearby. Handy for anyone who wants lava for... I dunno. Stuff.

LOL! Syco if there's any issues with players just give Tallon or Michael a shout, they'll add them to the naughty list ;)

Tallon wrote: »
    I'll give you a hand, I need a break from the cobblestone :p

I'll help too, that's a nice area there that could be landscaped :D

if you mean the lava flow up beside the black tower which started a fire? not cool!

anytime an admin is on the server we an spawn anything anyone wants.

/edit

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭tenacious-me

Hi,
    My username is:
    Tenacious-me
    or tenacious-me

Not sure if it's capitalised, but can update later if needs be,
    would love to get in on the Irish contingent and see some group projects going on!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

if you mean the lava flow up beside the black tower which started a fire? not cool!

anytime an admin is on the server we an spawn anything anyone wants.

/edit

I think that might have been me, total accident. I clicked a lava bucket thinking it was a torch and it just kept going and going. I was frantically trying to re-direct it towards some water for about an hour but it got completely out of control. I didn't realise I'd done anything to anyone's buildings though, sorry. Thought it had just burned a few trees.

Unless you mean something else, in which case I ain't seen nothin'

Advertisement