Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I furnished the cathedral a little. Lemme know what you guys think, i dunno if there was anything planned for there, I just got sick of it being empty. If ye don'y like just tell me and i'll get rid of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So anyway, like i said i got game yesterday. Plan was just to jump in for 15 minsamd see if its amy decent... I ended up 2 hours, amd extremly tired today in the morning lol.

Its worse then heroin and wow mixed together lol. "ill just go get few more stones and finish of that wall, and maybe a few more after, you know what, ill just finish the whole corner"

I loved lego back in the time, so i presume a child woke up in me again :).

Btw some impresive stuff allready biuld, but i will have to call health and safety lads, as i allready died twice becouse of your awesome creations!!! ;)

Cant wait to get back home and play it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Kersmash wrote: »
    I furnished the cathedral a little. Lemme know what you guys think, i dunno if there was anything planned for there, I just got sick of it being empty. If ye don'y like just tell me and i'll get rid of it all.
    Dude, thats exactly what we had planned to do, just kept geting excited about other projects :p

It really looks good man. I'm not too gone on the light block though, but sure see what everyone else thinks.

At least now we can pray for those who have passed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Havent seen it but Tallon tells me it looks deadly. as Tallon said we just kept on getting distracted with newer projects and the like.

So anyway, like i said i got game yesterday. Plan was just to jump in for 15 minsamd see if its amy decent... I ended up 2 hours, amd extremly tired today in the morning lol.

Its worse then heroin and wow mixed together lol. "ill just go get few more stones and finish of that wall, and maybe a few more after, you know what, ill just finish the whole corner"

I loved lego back in the time, so i presume a child woke up in me again :).

Btw some impresive stuff allready biuld, but i will have to call health and safety lads, as i allready died twice becouse of your awesome creations!!! ;)

Cant wait to get back home and play it again.

there's no methodone clinics for this game i'm afraid. :pac:

Glad you like the game.

come to think of it has anyone done any of the castle floor or is it still just started? just want to know as i might start it again tonight.

• Advertisement

No, it's still there

I'll help you with it tonight, I wanna finish the towers anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Does the train station go anywhere? I didn't feel like hauling down the tunnels too far and couldn't get the livemap to show underground properly to see.
    Just if it does, I might run a tunnel to it to join my underground road out west onto the main village. The walk out to where I'm going to build a villa is a bit hazardous with that giant sinkhole just outside the main area.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Colham wrote: »
    After while my screen goes black and Minecraft stops responding, anyone know what could be causing this?

This happens Me too, drives me mental... I think its a problem with Java..

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

I popped in to look at the mall yesterday, It looks amazing well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

I'm clearing the mountain behind my house - it comes out near the mall, and damn I think I bit off more than I can chew! I've already got through reams of tnt :rolleyes: I'll keep at it though, it will free up a good bit of real estate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

from the pics above the server looks awesome!

You still updating the ip in the group tallon?

Else

Whats the ip :P

No, there's a permanent IP now, you can get it from the group and save it to your PC :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

CORaven's house caught fire this morning :(

Attempting to repair some of it myself now

Which one is it? And what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

CORaven's house caught fire this morning :(

Attempting to repair some of it myself now

Near Spongebob.

We quenched the fire and I've since removed the water and dirt and left supplies outside so he can rebuild to his specs.

Cossax wrote: »
    Near Spongebob.

We quenched the fire and I've since removed the water and dirt and left supplies outside so he can rebuild to his specs.

grand. as long as there is someone on the server who can do that kinda stuff we'll be fine. was the fire accidental?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Lotsafish wrote: »
    I'm clearing the mountain behind my house - it comes out near the mall, and damn I think I bit off more than I can chew! I've already got through reams of tnt :rolleyes: I'll keep at it though, it will free up a good bit of real estate.
    Bore holes are the best for taking out large amounts of land like mountains.

Go up on top of the mountain and dig down the 30 or 40 blocks to "ground level", just straight down, one block wide. Jump to lay dynamite where you're standing. And then another dynamite on that by jumping again etc etc.

Do that all the way to the top and detonate the top dynamite and the explosion will radiate down.

This way you don't lose the 50% or so of explosive force that you lose from surface only detonation.

Hope this helps!

Edit: Oh, obv you might need more than one column of explosives to remove a mountain, it's still a lot quicker and efficient though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

grand. as long as there is someone on the server who can do that kinda stuff we'll be fine. was the fire accidental?

Yeah, CoRaven was there when it happened - dunno what he did!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Van stuff get cought on fire like this?! Is it random event or something!?

Anyway i an warming up my car and off home to biuld my shed :)))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Nice one Cherryghost, i'll be able to finish my underground mine complex now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

I lit some Netherrock I had in a fireplace. There was a good distance between the fire and the nearest wood piece, but it took off. We managed to stop the fire. The house was destroyed, but I am glad we stopped it as the fire was spreading down the wooden path (prioritized over the house).
    No major damage done.

CORaven wrote: »
    I lit some Netherrock I had in a fireplace. There was a good distance between the fire and the nearest wood piece, but it took off. We managed to stop the fire. The house was destroyed, but I am glad we stopped it as the fire was spreading down the wooden path (prioritized over the house).
    No major damage done.

think we might have to add a rule of a chest with buckets full of water beside every fireplace :P

just glad you caught it in time. need any help with the place later giz a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Would be cool if the minecarts could be made of wood. Then a water lift could be used to bring said carts upto the top of a roller-coaster thing... it "wood" be kind of cool :P

Anyhoos, I may make a minecraft linking my three lavapits, although the three of them are fairly far from each other, and the work would be "ever so much fun", as I have no doubt I'd come across many more lava pools, it would be handy for general lolz. I also has a 4th lava pit up north somewhere as well, which I may look for first, so that they could all be interconnected.

=-=

Attached is a modified cartograph. Circled the places I'm on about with a green circle...

Bottom Right: Finished lava chimney & pit.

Bottom Left: Unsure. Possible lava chimney I made when lost?

Top (near castle): Lava chimney nearly finished. Started on lava pit. I think it's about 20-30 blocks down so far.

Top left: Not sure. I think I made the lava chimney bottom left, went looking for main, got lost, dug a lava pit at top left got lava, tried to find bottom left lava pit, and somehow ended up very very far north...

So yeah, an underground minecart system linking them up may benefit someone :P

Try not to keep ventureing so far out, it makes the world unneccesarily massive and longer to backup and cartograph

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I didn't know map expanded the more you keep walking, pretty cool. I kept thinking all the good caverns and caves would be taken by the time I joined!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Pyr0 wrote: »
    I didn't know map expanded the more you keep walking, pretty cool.
    Yup. Check my vid a few pages back of what happens when you jump off the edge of the map...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Tallon wrote: »
    Dude, thats exactly what we had planned to do, just kept geting excited about other projects :p

It really looks good man. I'm not too gone on the light block though, but sure see what everyone else thinks.

At least now we can pray for those who have passed

yeah man i'm not sure about the glowstone either, i just couldn't think of any better way to light up the area. Feel free to modify it! I'll be on later to see what i can Do.

yeah man i'm not sure about the glowstone either, i just couldn't think of any better way to light up the area. Feel free to modify it! I'll be on later to see what i can Do.

ah the beauty of the games shines through again. the ability to destroy and create anything we dont want there. :pac:

cept that baxtard with the cathedral i hate him already and i dont even know him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Hotel burned down. Server is not responsive.

*edit* responsive

• Advertisement

CORaven wrote: »
    Hotel burned down. Server is not responsive.

*edit* responsive

your hotel? how?

Advertisement