Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

your hotel? how?
    Clints... He tried to make a fireplace

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

do we have to start putting up how-to's for you people? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Does this ever happen to anybody?
    Not sure if it's my game but I can't step into that area

Screenshot2011-01-31at175810.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Ahh, there was one yesterday out beyond the village. I didn't go near it, figured someone had dug it. Maybe not though, since that one there definitely isn't the one I saw.

It's just an un-sync'd folder. Happens all the time.

If you walk far enough away and come back it's usually fine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Fixed :D

This game is like crack

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Hotel is back :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Haha thats insane. Really well done.

I have a minecart track and booster set up in my underground hall if anyone is interested in linking it to the existing metro (if that's complete).

Here's a rough location on the cartograph:

145914.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

The hotels on fire again. **** it. I'm not putting it out. Whats with all the fires today lads?

Someones acting the bollox tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

That is frigging ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i sow that hotel on fire, its completly burned now :(.

its a shame... will you be rebiulding it guys? and i still cant believe it cought on fire so many times today!

btw how often you update birds eye picture? i want to see my little bit in it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

People have to be more careful with TNTing, it's destroyed my ladder entrance, damaged a middle layer and blown through the bottom level of my tower, unleashing water and lava (luckily inside a mountain).

I know who it was, and I'm removing their access

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Who was it?

I hope it wasnt me by accsident? As near my biuld there was a cave with few red blocks i hit on and damn thing exploded to hell! I did not even had a clue waht it was!

I really hope it wasnt me!

Nah, not you

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

damn I hope it wasnt me and the mountain I'm trying to level!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

I started work on my epic cobble stone bridge, it's near where the hotel was.

Also, I made a memorial to the Hotel Fire on the hill the bridge leads too...

Hope it's not in anyones way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Colham wrote: »
    I started work on my epic cobble stone bridge, it's near where the hotel was.

Also, I made a memorial to the Hotel Fire on the hill the bridge leads too...

Hope it's not in anyones way.
    It appears to be down...

Also, a handy site for when it is down, just for people to make sure it's not a problem with there laptop.

http://isminecraftdown.net/

:D

Hopefully a few updates, elevators would be epic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Need more wood :D

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    It appears to be down...

Also, a handy site for when it is down, just for people to make sure it's not a problem with there laptop.

http://isminecraftdown.net/

:D

Hopefully a few updates, elevators would be epic :D
    It should never 'be down' you seem to be the only one having constant problems.

Can you try a different machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Had a look a last night, awesome work...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Just gotta make sure not to start any more forest fires later tonight..

They're annoying, but not the end of the world. Once they're out you can just plant new ones

The danger is the surrounding buildings catching fire :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Tallon wrote: »
    They're annoying, but not the end of the world. Once they're out you can just plant new ones

The danger is the surrounding buildings catching fire :p

Yeah, that happened too. Managed to rebuild it though, only lost the roof!

The fires are crazy. I thought we put it all out, until I looked up and saw the whole mountain on fire..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm such a tool. Was making the prison last night and I built from the inside. When I was finished I realised that I locked myself in :o

facepalm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well I joined up and had a gander and it's pretty damned impressive. I had a few questions that, to be honest may have been answered on this thread already. But there's over 800 posts and it's taking me a while to get through them. So I hope you don't mind me asking here:

1) Is there a set of rules for the server layed out? Obviously there's the "Don't be a dick" general rule, but I'm wondering about rules over where to build, where to mine, what to harvest etc.

2) Slightly carrying over from that, I kind of fancy building a ship. Not the most original idea, but I thought it'd be fun. So can I just start chopping trees down as long as I plant new ones? And is there areas that you want kept all foresty?

3) Are monsters turned on in MP?

4) Are there any external programs or mods that anyone recommends? Is the likes of INVedit allowed (or does it even work) on the server or do all ersources have to be mined?

5) Is there an actual ingame communication system or do people use external ones (or not even talk at all)?

There's probably going to be more questions as I go along, but I don't want you all realising I'm an idiot straight away.

Advertisement