Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

humanji wrote: »
    Well I joined up and had a gander and it's pretty damned impressive. I had a few questions that, to be honest may have been answered on this thread already. But there's over 800 posts and it's taking me a while to get through them. So I hope you don't mind me asking here:

1) Is there a set of rules for the server layed out? Obviously there's the "Don't be a dick" general rule, but I'm wondering about rules over where to build, where to mine, what to harvest etc.

2) Slightly carrying over from that, I kind of fancy building a ship. Not the most original idea, but I thought it'd be fun. So can I just start chopping trees down as long as I plant new ones? And is there areas that you want kept all foresty?

3) Are monsters turned on in MP?

4) Are there any external programs or mods that anyone recommends? Is the likes of INVedit allowed (or does it even work) on the server or do all ersources have to be mined?

5) Is there an actual ingame communication system or do people use external ones (or not even talk at all)?

There's probably going to be more questions as I go along, but I don't want you all realising I'm an idiot straight away.

1. Just the one rule, don't be a dick. Feel free to build/mine/harvest wherever you want. Be a dick and you're either sent to jail or permabanned from the server.

2. You can knock down as many trees as you want, dont worry too much about replanting. Admins can spawn saplings. We're in the process of making a massive tree farm.

3. Monsters are turned on in MP, however it is disabled on Tallon's server. It's purely a creational server.

4. Minecraft AM is a great real time scanner that can show you what's above or below you as you move around the server.

5. Theres a chat console. I'm on boards.ie Teamspeak 3 now and again, but rarely have more than 2/3 on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Well I joined up and had a gander and it's pretty damned impressive. I had a few questions that, to be honest may have been answered on this thread already. But there's over 800 posts and it's taking me a while to get through them. So I hope you don't mind me asking here:

Ask away, no harm at all
    1) Is there a set of rules for the server layed out? Obviously there's the "Don't be a dick" general rule, but I'm wondering about rules over where to build, where to mine, what to harvest etc.

Build where you think it won't bother other people

Harvest whatever you want.
    2) Slightly carrying over from that, I kind of fancy building a ship. Not the most original idea, but I thought it'd be fun. So can I just start chopping trees down as long as I plant new ones? And is there areas that you want kept all foresty?

Chop down whatever you want, don't worry about re-planting. We can do that if needed.

Build a boat if you want, just again, build wherever it won't interfere with someone else's project.

Build it on the way to the castle if you want?
    3) Are monsters turned on in MP?

We have them and animals turned off just for handyness
    4) Are there any external programs or mods that anyone recommends? Is the likes of INVedit allowed (or does it even work) on the server or do all ersources have to be mined?

The Admins can use the give commands should you need large supplies of anything, don't be afraid to ask them.

Also, they're are loads and loads of full chest around the place, just have a look
    5) Is there an actual ingame communication system or do people use external ones (or not even talk at all)?

There's a chat console, some people use TS, some people use skype. But it's mainly the chat window
    There's probably going to be more questions as I go along, but I don't want you all realising I'm an idiot straight away.

Fire away, I'm here to answer them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Logged in last night and started building for the first time. Just a nice gaf for the moment, though I might go for the obligatory floating island eventually.

Any projects anyone needs a hand on while I'm online, give me a bell.

It's strange going from survival single player to multiplayer where the admins can give you whatever you need. Beats the hell out of mining for diamond all that time, but it still almost feels like cheating. Until you realise it's all for fun anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Any chance we can get a update map pic like the one before to see new stuff that is built?

Also if anyone has a problem in the direction my bridge is going to go, please let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cheers guys. :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Colham wrote: »
    Any chance we can get a update map pic like the one before to see new stuff that is built?

Also if anyone has a problem in the direction my bridge is going to go, please let me know!

Yep just give me 5 mins. The render file is actually larger than the world itself :rolleyes:

Here we go

145998.JPG

Might make a new rule, no more Lava above ground.

or else remove it altogether

I don't think Lava above ground isn't a bad idea, just some users need to know how to implement it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

a few genuine accidents have been had with lava and that is fine. whoever it was has either apologised or made up for it.

its the people who have "accidents" with it that are the muppets.

Cherry any chance of getting a cartograph centered around the castle? might build a dock out there if there is the room. no worries if there isnt i can have a gander tonight.

• Advertisement

Yep, here it is

146001.JPG

Scary thing is, the castle needs to be expanded the same width out the back :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Tallon wrote: »
    Scary thing is, the castle needs to be expanded the same width out the back :eek:

I reckon the castle would look way better if it had tierd defences. As in the outer wall would be the lowest leveled defenses, the higher up a ridge or hill/mountain would be the next set of walls and towers, each tier seperated with a walkway and gatehouse.

I might try it myself on small scale somewhere else :)

Pyr0 wrote: »

I might try it myself on small scale somewhere else :)

Don't you dare, large scale or nothing :P

Work away at the castle as it is. That sounds like a great idea

castleplans.png

shoot this down if you dont think its a good idea. i accept criticism.

the red areas are areas that need doing. i have outlined the towers,walls and the fucking floor that needs to be done.

the green areas are areas that will need to go eventually.

the pink areas are the outlines of a dock 4-5 blocks above sealevel on both sides. leading to a gateway of some sort to allow boats in with an archway over the top with guard towers at both sides. the walkway area will be about 3-5 blocks wide with walls so people wont fall in. i'll build a mock up later out of earth if anyone wants an idea of what i'm talking about.

oh yeah the lava tower will have to go too.

Who is building that massive castle? Is it a group project or someone personal project?

Who is building that massive castle? Is it a group project or someone personal project?
    It was mine, but everyone has been helping....

Feel free to add to it

It was mine, but everyone has been helping....

Feel free to add to it

I'm building a big bridge, in the style of the Golden gate (except not golden), maybe it could join onto the castle as some stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Awesome pics, but that castle starts naking me sad :(. I am biulding my little castle and i was exited about having an exit to water, so i can use it for it, but if you are expanding the castle all i will see is a big wall :(. I newer knew castle will be even bigger, i would take ather place.

You could go the whole hog and add the yellow addition, if you want the whole "epic" feel:

attachment.php?attachmentid=146006&stc=1&d=1296569646

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Don't you dare, large scale or nothing :P

Work away at the castle as it is. That sounds like a great idea

Wouldn't work out too well on the exsisting castle. It needs to work around natural cliff faces and hills. I'll make it in such a way that it has a port at the back, y'know.. In case of a siege and the likes :p

A few hidden passages for escape and it'll be rockin'!

I'm building a big bridge, in the style of the Golden gate (except not golden), maybe it could join onto the castle as some stage?
    Maybe not a bridge.

Wouldn't really suit the castle to have a massive bridge linking it.

Where is the bridge gonna be?

was thinking about putting a massive statue there exactly like that.

and because someone else would have done this, i jumped in here before ye all

castleplansagain.png

That's where you can put the Port Control office.

Why are you making a statue of me?

Why are you making a statue of me?

couldnt be you. you're not yellow. :p

This is kinda the plan for my bridge, but I don't know where to go with it after...

Or was thinking of having it head north.

why have a bridge over land?

Have it going south towards the Lava tower

I'll give you a hand if you want

why have a bridge over land?

Have it going south towards the Lava tower

I'll give you a hand if you want

Dunno, just like bridges. I wont be on til later tonight, but I'll do heading south then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

so presume i cant do shiz about it then lads?

oky ill think of something...

Advertisement