Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Latest lava art fun:

attachment.php?attachmentid=146101&stc=1&d=1296611081

The "window" in the lava chimney was the hardest part. Due to a slight... mistake, the entire inside flooded with lava. It took 4 hours to go down half way, so by tomorrow, it should be okay :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

whats with the obsession with lava?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Mickey made a minecraft inspired tee...

Check it out over on qwertee and vote for it if you can :p

Take Your Pick

take-your-pick-qwertee-mockup-kit_mhb_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

This is my plan. The red is a road that will be created through the existing mountain. It will be small, only about five blocks wide, but it will be flat and straight. This road leads to a tower which will have several floors. Its gonna take weeks, if not longer to build and I'd be grateful of any help that people can offer, but I am willing to do it myself. I don't mind the long haul projects.

Depending on how I get on the road might be a tunnel.

plansx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Quazzie wrote: »
    This is my plan. The red is a road that will be created through the existing mountain. It will be small, only about five blocks wide, but it will be flat and straight. This road leads to a tower which will have several floors. Its gonna take weeks, if not longer to build and I'd be grateful of any help that people can offer, but I am willing to do it myself. I don't mind the long haul projects.

Depending on how I get on the road might be a tunnel.

plansx.png

Damn you vultures!!! Soon i will be cramped up from bouth sides :)) .

That mountain is mine! And passage sout to water too! You come near it I KILL YOU! :)

I presume you planing only that road m8? You will keep me tgat spot to sea bud? As i will allready a castle blocking my way to sea. ;)

• Advertisement

Thats why I'm only putting a road in. I don't want to block anyone else or impair their views. The road will just be to access the other side of the mountain. I might even make it less obvious by making it a tunnel. I haven't started this yet so I'll keep your place in mind when I do.

Damn you vultures!!! Soon i will be cramped up from bouth sides :)) .

That mountain is mine! And passage sout to water too! You come near it I KILL YOU! :)

I presume you planing only that road m8? You will keep me tgat spot to sea bud? As i will allready a castle blocking my way to sea. ;)
    oh, we're you claiming the whole mountain?

Tallon wrote: »
    oh, we're you claiming the whole mountain?

Well just a side of mountain atleast, so i could put some tower on top.

As for the road, its cool. Even good i geuss as we will have conection to village, ill try to make road from my shed to main village and mall. So we cam connected.

As for that mountain i just wanted some space from mountain down to water, as i cant get spot infront of me amymore of tje castles extenction plan. But if someone whanrs to use part of that mountain, then feel free, just. Leave me some space to extend my wall. :)

As i said before, i dont expectuch of privilage, but if we know about each ather plans it will make less accuard situations in future.

Less drama more win. ;)

Well just a side of mountain atleast, so i could put some tower on top.

As for the road, its cool. Even good i geuss as we will have conection to village, ill try to make road from my shed to main village and mall. So we cam connected.

As for that mountain i just wanted some space from mountain down to water, as i cant get spot infront of me amymore of tje castles extenction plan. But if someone whanrs to use part of that mountain, then feel free, just. Leave me some space to extend my wall. :)

As i said before, i dont expectuch of privilage, but if we know about each ather plans it will make less accuard situations in future.

Less drama more win. ;)

balls to that. as was said before if your on the server you get a say.

and thats a good idea. conenct your place up with his and the main town.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Is it possible for me to run Cartographer on the server map myself, or does it have to be an admin doing it (or just Tallon?). It'd be cool if there was a regular map that automatically updates that we could look at. Or is that resource-heavy-unachievable?

• Advertisement

Is it possible for me to run Cartographer on the server map myself, or does it have to be an admin doing it (or just Tallon?). It'd be cool if there was a regular map that automatically updates that we could look at. Or is that resource-heavy-unachievable?

you have to have the server file of the world itself to do it.

the map is massive as people have been wandering really far away from the village so when it does render it can take up to 45 mintues (not 100% but close enough)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Hah, my own world in single player only takes a minute or two - I see the problem now!

Fair enough really...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I don't mind doing it every few days.

My cliff walkway is almost done :) Got an awesomeface building carved into the cliffface. The new pathway runs past dooley's castle and up the mountainside, there's some nice areas there, and some old birchwood trees. Was thinking of turning into a swamp, but nyeh, if anyone fancies building there, do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Ill help if you want... i need a project :P you building the tower from bedrock to maxHeight ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

you have to have the server file of the world itself to do it.

the map is massive as people have been wandering really far away from the village so when it does render it can take up to 45 mintues (not 100% but close enough)
    Out of curiosity, how big is the server file of the world?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

humanji wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, how big is the server file of the world?

It's only about 40mb, but theres over 12,000 files. Downloading them off the Unix VPS means every file is verified before it can be downloaded. Takes a while :o

whats with the obsession with lava?
    It's shiney.
    This is my plan. The red is a road that will be created through the existing mountain. It will be small, only about five blocks wide, but it will be flat and straight.
    Hrm. Would you mind if I expanded it, to include a river in it, to allow someone use a boat?

146137.jpg

The red lines will be canals, the green lines will be small, but elaborate entrances through the wall. Will look into some sort of door system for boats -.-

Updated Carto today :)

146138.JPG

And heres a reverse oblique angle :D
    146139.JPG

Don't destroy the walls

Also, the land that you have marked in red is being removed soon :)

I want loads of water :p

the_syco wrote: »
    Hrm. Would you mind if I expanded it, to include a river in it, to allow someone use a boat?

Well I'm quiet liking the idea of a tunnel, so maybe a canal with a walkway either side of it? How wide would you want the river? and what height would the boats be?

• Advertisement

Korvanica wrote: »
    Ill help if you want... i need a project :P you building the tower from bedrock to maxHeight ?

What is the max height btw? As i am planing on really high biulding myself..

Korvanica wrote: »

Here is my proposed plan of the building.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dztl3nuedwjfosh
    It'l be a simple design. 40x40overall with Cobblestone outerleaf. Its primarily a tower but every 8 locks high there will be a floor. The walls will be 4 wide with the inside of it being hollow (2 wide). In the four corners there will be turret towers and inside these the walk way will raise a quarter of a level (2 blocks). This will mean to go up a level every time you must walk all the way around the building.

Well I'm quiet liking the idea of a tunnel, so maybe a canal with a walkway either side of it? How wide would you want the river? and what height would the boats be?

boats that we can travel in are half a block high and when we sit in themit 1 and a half blocks high. you need at least 3 blocks between the water and the ceiling or else you might get stuck in the roof and die.
    What is the max height btw? As i am planing on really high biulding myself..

max height is 64 from water level.

Currently working on 'The 7 Wonders of Tallons World' ATM. Syco's Lava Tower is number 7, number 6 is the Cathedral, number 5 is the swamplands off the cliff that I've just just construced :)

boats that we can travel in are half a block high and when we sit in themit 1 and a half blocks high. you need at least 3 blocks between the water and the ceiling or else you might get stuck in the roof and die.

max height is 64 from water level.

Damn, thats actually not much... I presune i will hit the seali g soon enought :(. And i was ready to go atleast double what i did so far...

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Just back after my first tour of the place, and I gotta say ... it's amazing. :eek:

So much bigger in person, and that cathedral is stunning. Fair play to everyone!

Boats are standard height, one block out of the water, and has a width of two blocks. I think I'll do a 3 block wide canal, and a two block wide walkway next to it. Will pop a few candles along it, or something...
    Don't destroy the walls
    Destroy? Nay. Would be a small opening at the bottom.
    Also, the land that you have marked in red is being removed soon :)
    Ohhhh... I'll do that. Just give me some dynamite...

That's not marked red, its syco's lava canal! NOOOOO HOW COULD YOU AGAIN!!!? :D

the_syco wrote: »
    Boats are standard height, one block out of the water, and has a width of two blocks. I think I'll do a 3 block wide canal, and a two block wide walkway next to it. Will pop a few candles along it, or something...

HERE is my suggested route for the canal, and the site for the tower. it'll take a decent bit of mining in preparation but hopefully it will work out. The hardest part will be figuring out where we are when we are in then tunnel. Making that turn at the right stage will be hard done.

• Advertisement

That's fairly ambitious! Good idea though. Again, I recommend you use an external program called MinecraftAM, it gives you a realtime pinpoint location of your whereabouts, and what level you're on, whats above and below etc

Advertisement