Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Do you have a link to that Cherry?

Also, we need a Minecraft forum :p

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Tallon wrote: »

This is correct!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tallon wrote: »
    Do you have a link to that Cherry?

Yep, http://www.minecraftam.com/Downloads.aspx You need to download .net framework and XNA framework for it to run

and yes we do. This server alone has had 54 players connected, and the 5 last MC threads have had well over 100 unique posters. There's plenty to talk about. The thousands of mods, the skins, the updates, the servers, the construction projects and beyond. And it's not a one trick pony, the game is here to stay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

echoing cherry here but yes that is very ambitious Quazzie. fair play to ya if ya pull it off though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Quazzie wrote: »
    Making that turn at the right stage will be
    ...easy as pie.

Start the tunnel. Go above ground, and walk in a straight line to where the turn needs to happen, and dig a hole. When you get to the hole in the tunnel, then do the turn. Tunnel will start off two block up, one block wide. Once the path of the tunnel is correct, we can then enlarge it to it's proper side. Making the small tunnel first also allows an easy fix if it's off course a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

It appears my mate is in some sort of spawn jail, he says he didn't do anything?

From what he says, he was building a tower, fell off the tower, and spawned in prison, anyone know the story behind it?

donnell90 is the username.

i knew we had a prison set up but didnt realise that it was active.

when you die you get sent to the spawning point of the world. it was probably set up to spawn in the jail so anyone who joins the server wont be allowed out until a mod says so.

i'm afraid he will have to wait until a mod appears to get him out.

I'm having a look at this now...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

What's the story with requesting supplies from an admin? Are they just zapped into your inventory while playing or to a specific point? I've a pretty large list of stuff I need and doubt it'll all fit in my inventory.

you request it from an admin when they are ont he server. they spawn it in front of you.

if it wont all fit into your inventory then you will have to gather some yourself as it will take up a lot of a mods time to spawn each set of 64 blocks thats required.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Servers getting a reboot.

- Whitelist wasn't working properly.
    - Spawning/using bedrock is now banned.
    - Going to try the commands for users. Some users will have limited access to server commands as a test.

you gonna put in a spawn kit for materials too? i.e. if its up and working i can spawn 600 cobble with 1 line

Server's back up. Whitelist is fixed now.

Situation appears to have sorted itself out naturally, he killed himself in the prison, and it let him out of the jail and spawned him by the church.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Servers getting a reboot.

- Whitelist wasn't working properly.
    - Spawning/using bedrock is now banned.
    - Going to try the commands for users. Some users will have limited access to server commands as a test.

So now have to actually mine for our materials? :P

Pyr0 wrote: »
    So now have to actually mine for our materials? :P

Nope, I'm giving users some commands like /list and stuff, and maybe /give with restrictions later

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

DOC09UNAM wrote:
    Situation appears to have sorted itself out naturally, he killed himself in the prison, and it let him out of the jail and spawned him by the church.
    A young man is imprisoned after commiting no crime, and the pressure of the situation causes him to kill himself. A shocking indictment of the judicial system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Quazzie wrote: »
    HERE is my suggested route for the canal, and the site for the tower. it'll take a decent bit of mining in preparation but hopefully it will work out. The hardest part will be figuring out where we are when we are in then tunnel. Making that turn at the right stage will be hard done.

if we start the tunnel at the corner we can solve that fairly easy.

EDIT: or what syco said... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Must have a look at the prison later but how did he manage to kill himself? :s

He typed /kill

• Advertisement

Sorry for the up and down guys, you can now spawn dirt, wood, cobble, stone and the basic tools

type

!kit stone
    !kit cobble
    !kit wood
    !kit dirt
    !kit starter

You're a hero :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hmmm i know its handy to have those commands, but...

Isnt it kind of reward allready for working for your materials? I was kind if happy enought to have a mine and get my stones etc. I was even using iron tools in begging...

I was just wondering, you dont plam to ban all spawning stuff in future? And nake people work for mats? Which i think is kind of cool as you csn biuld up ecomony then.

Maybe for some fays to turn on mobs and make a horror survival weakend?

I am actuolly have a plan to make arena, so maybe we could have some arena duel weakends for the crack...

You know making game in game idea...

P.s somwhow i cant connect to minecraft servers... :( bugg?

Hmmm i know its handy to have those commands, but...

Isnt it kind of reward allready for working for your materials? I was kind if happy enought to have a mine and get my stones etc. I was even using iron tools in begging...

I was just wondering, you dont plam to ban all spawning stuff in future? And nake people work for mats? Which i think is kind of cool as you csn biuld up ecomony then.

Maybe for some fays to turn on mobs and make a horror survival weakend?

I am actuolly have a plan to make arena, so maybe we could have some arena duel weakends for the crack...

You know making game in game idea...

P.s somwhow i cant connect to minecraft servers... :( bugg?

I understand, and in certain circumstances I do mine for stuff. Thing is for massive structures would you really spend 4 hours getting resources and 4 hours building it? Most people wouldn't. The servers purely creational, so it's at the users discretion to use it as they like (within limits of course).

Only thing banned at the moment is bedrock, lava and tnt will not be given to users.

As for the mobs, it'd probably be a terrible idea seeing as creepers now wander the place during the day, I'd say most buildings and such would be blown to pieces. I am in favour of animals in the server though.

I like the idea of duel arena weekends! Sounds interesting. PvP can be enabled within a few minutes so yeah, we should definitely look into that at some point. Would need a vote though.

have a look here lads. someone might decide to set it up.

Sorry to keep bumping. Quick update.

For anyone:

To lock your chest for yourself only:
    - Type !lock, and then place down the chest you want locked.

:) Happy privateering!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Used to play spleef on my old server. Was great crack.

I'm re-iterating my point of no lava on the surface.

There's more than enough there and if something is built it will probably be removed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

It keep on giving me "Protocol error" and "End of stream" errors when I try to connect to the server :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I understand, and in certain circumstances I do mine for stuff. Thing is for massive structures would you really spend 4 hours getting resources and 4 hours building it? Most people wouldn't. The servers purely creational, so it's at the users discretion to use it as they like (within limits of course).

Only thing banned at the moment is bedrock, lava and tnt will not be given to users.

As for the mobs, it'd probably be a terrible idea seeing as creepers now wander the place during the day, I'd say most buildings and such would be blown to pieces. I am in favour of animals in the server though.

I like the idea of duel arena weekends! Sounds interesting. PvP can be enabled within a few minutes so yeah, we should definitely look into that at some point. Would need a vote though.

About pvp, i got an idea, which should be super awesome! I just need to find out how bows work. About vote? Can we do it? I dont think that people will mind it... I did nof knew it was disabled.

Advertisement