Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sorry for the up and down guys, you can now spawn dirt, wood, cobble, stone and the basic tools

type

!kit stone
    !kit cobble
    !kit wood
    !kit dirt
    !kit starter
    !kit stone says "invalid kit". The others, esp the starter kit, are great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Have a Spleef Arena set up view here

rules are 2 players empty their inventories/hotbars so that you cant use any tools. both go to top and start from a separate corner. get another player to start you both off and you start destroying the glass in an attempt to get the other player to drop. keep going from the top down until 1 person ends in the water. when 1 person does end up in the water the other is the victor.

there's glass in the last 2 chests to repair the playing field for others.

Go nuts.

there is also signs in the chests so people can post their results if they play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Cherry, may i ask you a faivor, csn you put a bow with good few afrows in my chest, in big tower castle thinh please, tommorow after work i want to mess around with ut and do some tests.

Plz do that for me! As i cant make it without featgers. No animals to get feathers and strings :(. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

Trevor451 wrote: »
    It keep on giving me "Protocol error" and "End of stream" errors when I try to connect to the server :o

Yeah, me too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Just did a quikc test with Fraps. Quality seems good enough. Gonna do afew Minecraft videos I think :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

The dome is mine (thanks!), ya should have taken a trip up the ladder on the first tree on the right - nice little treehouse going which was inspired by Tallon's epic one on the hill that no longer exists...though the treehouse is still floating there in mid-air above the ground!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

you should fill in the walls of the spleef arena to stop people standing on the obsidian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

There are signs at the bottom and a load of supplies asking someone to do that when they get a chance

edit:

wooo hooo, 1,000 posts :D:D

75625_447977551738_659146738_5987666_3113771_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jak/mar

How do I connect to the server?
    Every time I try to connect I get "Failed to connect to server Unknown host" and when I put :25565 after it it comes up the same.
    Can someone help me connect please.

• Advertisement

There might be too many people on. Try again

And can you please remove the IP

The social group is private for a reason

Woops Sorry Tallon :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Whitelist is in operation, that's probably why. Post your Minecraft username and we'll add you to the list :)

My username is jak_mar

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Added. Should be good to go now :)

Welcome aboard man :)

Ride the cart system, gives you a good view of the town :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way to connect two minecarts? Like, if I wanted a furnace cart for power and a normal cart to ride in, is there anyway to do it other than jsut putting the furnace cart at the back to push?

No, they just push

Cherry's metro works on that system, but I think it can push up to 4-5 carts :eek:

alright lads i have another project in mind but already i've hit a snag. i'm thinking about making vault 101 from fallout 3 but cant seem to find a floor plan anywhere (haven't had the time to look properly but will do once i can.) if anyone happens to know where i can get one can they post the link or pic in here?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

It's here - http://99livesdesign.com/99LivesDesign_website/maps_Fallout3_99lives.html

Not the best but it might do the trick

• Advertisement

It's here - http://99livesdesign.com/99LivesDesign_website/maps_Fallout3_99lives.html

Not the best but it might do the trick

only thing now is to sort out what floor goes where. thanks a million. i'll play it when i get home to sort that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,955 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Just an update on my little project.
    The tunnel is almost complete. What I need to do tonight is to put more torches along the route, Finish mining the canal part of it, I decided to make a second section of it that tees off to a different coast. This will be just a canal and walkway though and I have no intentions of building on this coast, so its available to anyone that wants to get involved.

in terms of the tower. I have some of the base set out. I need to mine more Soil to make the base of the tower, and also to mine more cobblestone for the walls. I have one or two walls at a reasonable height, but one of them needs to be changed so I'll do that tonight.

I also have to figure out how to produce glass, and thn get producing said Glass.

if you put 8 cobblestone in a ring on the crafting table you get a furnace.

put coal into the botton slot of the furnace and sand in the top of the furnace.

wait for a while and voila your sand is now glass

You don't need to mine soil if you want to save time

Just tye the command:
    !give soil (ammount)

That tunnel is fúcking long

That tunnel is fúcking long

Yea. The very first run through it was taking ages and I had no torches at the time so it got to a stage where It got incredibly dark and I could barely see which way was which. I eventually came out through the far side though and after that it was just a matter of widening it. to 6 blocks wide. I also had to dig down on 4 blocks wide to get the canal, but I'm nearly there. Looking forward to opening the canal tonight and seeing it fill with water. :D

146329.png

I bet it looks incredible at night time with all the torches lit up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Cleared the old hotel site, don't think there's anything left hanging there but as I finished at night and have to leg it off to a programming tutorial, I'm not sure.

Are we gonna expand that green closer to the cliff or leave things as they are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Is server still up/down? Keep getting errors trying to join :(

Advertisement