Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

i'll be on my single player in work later and i'll try and create a small version and throw up a screen shot.
    You're a good man...

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Minecraft-Diary-Creeper-Burn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Okay, lads you know i am a wee bit of a " dick " , so ill try to do it as nice as i can. Tallon, your server. Is "bad ass" now. And that ather irish server can be discribed by only one word from which i used to discribe your one. You choose which one ;).

I think it could compete with quite a few ather servers. I wouldnt see a harm of making even separate website for server with pics forums etc... Bords.ie is not showing us love :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Can we get a hosted forum here?

In talks with trying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Tallon wrote: »
    Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

[noparse]Minecraft-Diary-Creeper-Burn.gif[/noparse]

I like how the creeper just stands in the middle of the blaze with it's blank stare fixed on you...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've tried looking for answers regarding the forum malarky, but not one reply.

Just to state, the server has had over 70 different users, and now currently 60 registered. The last 5 Minecraft threads have had almost 120 users (last time I counted, I was that bored :pac:).

TBH there's more than just the server I want to talk about, but I'd rather not clutter up this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

Okay, lads you know i am a wee bit of a " dick " , so ill try to do it as nice as i can. Tallon, your server. Is "bad ass" now. And that ather irish server can be discribed by only one word from which i used to discribe your one. You choose which one ;).

I think it could compete with quite a few ather servers. I wouldnt see a harm of making even separate website for server with pics forums etc... Bords.ie is not showing us love :(

I don't think we would need a website, just a dedicated forum here.

I'm chasing this now... leave it with me

I've tried looking for answers regarding the forum malarky, but not one reply.

Just to state, the server has had over 70 different users, and now currently 60 registered. The last 5 Minecraft threads have had almost 120 users (last time I counted, I was that bored :pac:).

TBH there's more than just the server I want to talk about, but I'd rather not clutter up this thread

true, there is so much to talk about with Minecraft. Such a fantastic game.

Also, is there a chance that the server will get too big? How much can it handle?

• Advertisement

It can handle a lot

I've been giving out about people venturing too far because of how long it takes to backup the world and to cartograph it, but truth be told, you can walk for miles :)

Make it on the ground first sure

Well, it's do-able. And with a bit of effort it won't look as sh*te as this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=147395&stc=1&d=1297338348

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There *will* be a Minecraft forum guys. Mostly cause DeV and I are 2 people who love Minecraft and 2 people who can make new forums on Boards. We're just up the walls with General Election stuff in the office etc so when all that has passed, I'll make it so.

YOU HAVE MY GUARANTEE! :D

AWEOSME \:D/

Kharn wrote: »
    There *will* be a Minecraft forum guys. Mostly cause DeV and I are 2 people who love Minecraft and 2 people who can make new forums on Boards. We're just up the walls with General Election stuff in the office etc so when all that has passed, I'll make it so.

Bertie Ahern promised us a lot of things too...

That may be so, but 1) I'm not a politician and 2) I AM NOT A POLITICIAN! :p

humanji wrote: »
    Bertie Ahern promised us a lot of things too...
    Yeah but bertie didn't have two beards...

TWO!

@Kharn, did you build anything yet?

Feel free to start your own project, everyone is too willing to help

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

It can handle a lot

I've been giving out about people venturing too far because of how long it takes to backup the world and to cartograph it, but truth be told, you can walk for miles :)

Turns out it is too much for my puny laptop to handle... keeps stuttering... have to keep the fog near when moving! Still impressive, got around to look at some of the buildings before falling to my death... several times!

Ill be on more often soon enough, so will eb able to help out on any projects

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Turns out it is too much for my puny laptop to handle... keeps stuttering... have to keep the fog near when moving! Still impressive, got around to look at some of the buildings before falling to my death... several times!

Ill be on more often soon enough, so will eb able to help out on any projects

Try Optimine. It's a mod that changes the games rendering methods. Makes the game more than playable on my GMA here at medium settings without fog :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

I didn't start to build anything cause I didn't really know where to start and didn't want to just start digging incase I mangled someone's hard work :) Then my connection died and I became too cross with the universe to rationally fix it. Tonight maybe :)

I didn't start to build anything cause I didn't really know where to start and didn't want to just start digging incase I mangled someone's hard work :) Then my connection died and I became too cross with the universe to rationally fix it. Tonight maybe :)

When the next cartograph of the world is up, you'll see that there is loads of places still left to build in;)

As I've said before build anywhere where theres space, if you're digging underground and come across someones place, patch it up and move around it. Our village should be classified as a town now, I'll do a carto this afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

To be honest it really grew in last weak.

Ofc there were lisses too... A momemt of silence to our old hotel...

There's a memorial for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Is it possible to make things such as beds and general furniture?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Is it possible to make things such as beds and general furniture?

a bed would be a 3 X 2 wool structure with the half stone on one end for a pillow.

everythign else you have to think big.

You have to be creative. Here's a bed and an armchair:

attachment.php?attachmentid=147412&stc=1&d=1297351412

The bed is 2 blue wool blocks and one white wool block, with a stone pressure pad for the pillow. The wood around the sides are signs with nothing written on them.

The chair is a block of steps with signs on each side.

You just picture what you want and then mess around with the tools you have until you find what looks right. Or else just ask people who've made something similar. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

What happened to the hotel?

• Advertisement

Man, this is the 21st century ffs, get a double bed!

Advertisement