Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tallon's Minecraft Server [1.7.8][Survival][Creative][Anti-Grief][24/7][No-Lag]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Only the mods use cheats.

And only in the last 2 weeks have standard users been able to use the give command

I appreciate your point though.

Me and Mickey have our own survival server we mess about on, but this 'mega structures' one is fun in it's own way :)

PM me your MC username anytime man and I'll add you to the whitelist so you can take a look if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Oh yeah don't worry the second I get bored with the whole mining , surviving thing and feel like just making stuff without having to spend hours mining the materials and avoiding creepers, i'll hop and here and ask to join yeas.

I just figured theres no point in asking to be added to the list when I wont be hopping on the server just yet.

Keep it up though lads I enjoy the thread.

Thanks man, Appreciate the feedback :)

Keep lurking :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Tallon wrote: »
    Do you want me to build you an express train to and from there?

I've been slowly gathering enough iron to do it myself so I might get around to it within the next few days, thanks anyway for the offer though :)

No probs, good luck with it, looks savage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Wow, you know you've played too much minecraft when, while in game, you look up at the sky and think, "Damn, looks like rain".

I may have to take a weekend off from playing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

humanji wrote: »
    Wow, you know you've played too much minecraft when, while in game, you look up at the sky and think, "Damn, looks like rain".

I may have to take a weekend off from playing. :(

You think you have of bad? Listen to this:

Yesterday i woke up, at 3:00 then i thoufht feck it i got more time o sleep, so i got back to dream of mc where i a biulding a wall, then i woke at 5:00 and i was again thinking i got some time, i csme back to biulding my wall in a dream!!! Then at 5:30 i woke up: feck that i wipl fimish it when come back home!!! I am going crazy!!!!!!

Last night i dreamed about tallon closing down server!!! Ffs!!!!!

I need few dats off mc, but that wount happen lol

Last night i dreamed about tallon closing down server!!! Ffs!!!!!

yeah... Dream...

<_<

>_>

Tallon wrote: »
    yeah... Dream...

<_<

>_>
    Oh god lad, i will find you and kill you if you will lol.

I am not lossing my pesent town!!! :))

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

I love the cartographs, I use them as my wallpaper on my laptop and work PC.

Pity the coloured wool doesn't come out in it though.

• Advertisement

I've been searching for a colour carto for ages... Link me if you find one

Also, I set it as my wallpaper too, even on my iPhone :p

/sad

Who's the lunatic who's even furhter out than me?

All that's there is a deep hole in the ground and a long shaft into the air.

Deep down? High above?

Sounds like The_syco

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

They call him a one man Chilean mining army, others say he's trying to dig to China, all we know is that we call him the_syco!

You dig to bedrock, he'll find that glitch and fall through the map :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That same glitch that caused me to stop playing Minecraft for ages. I was so cross cause I'd built my skull castle in my save game!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭jak/mar

I dont know but that might be me :P:o
    Got bored one day so i decided to build up and when i ran out of stone I dug down :o
    And then i just left it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

So I recently got a version of Minecraft to see what all the fuss was about:

Day 1: Look around beach were I spawn, no idea what to do and I see nothing but trees, sand and blocky animals. I notice the sun is going down quite fast and I heard of nasty things that come out at night. I needed some shelter so I start beating down on some trees beside me and collect wood. I build a crap, 1 floor shack but I live through the night......wondering what all those odd noises outside were. (I had failed to make any windows :pac:)

Day 2: I return a bit wiser from a few Youtube tutorials and get cracking on collecting resources. I decided to turn my shack into a 2 storey house with some lovely openings for windows............but it still looks plain. I decided to go downstairs where I was greeted by 2 creepers who got in through a small opening I carelessly left. With nothing to hit them with they blew up, killing me instantly. I respawn, go back to my house and notice the whole side of the 1st floor is destroyed with a gaping hole deep in the ground...........this house is gonna need more work!

Day 3: Wiser, I decide to get myself some weapons to protect my domain but I needed some stone. I decided to go down the gaping hole those bastard creepers left in my house and started chipping away at some rocks..............before I even realised it I had tunnelled 4 floors beneath my house which had now become an underground mine :pac:

Day 4: Stocked to the teeth with more stone than I could use I decide to turn my once-crappy, 1 story shack into a reinforced castle :D Complete with merlons, a big, fùck-off draconian piece of architecture at the front and a giant moat surrounding it. Those bastards will fear me now!

In short, this game is growing on me nicely and I'm definitely buying it to put it to proper use.

Excellent work you guys have done with your map, too.

Dude, when we get the minecraft forum Please start a daily update thread on how you play..

That would be awesome :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Will do, I've only started playing the game a few days ago and haven't properly spent enough time on it. I haven't even ventured too far away from where I spawned so tonight I might stock up and go travelling, I want to check out these other resources you can pick up.

Tonight that pig who hangs around the side of the caslte is gonna die, I need some pork-chops :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Just thought I'd ask here before I implement it, but I was in the process of making an automatic rail line (one where the minecart keeps going on the line whether someone is on it or not). But I read somewhere that it can glitch and may cause problems on a multiplayer server. Is this true? (I want to make sure before I finish it and accidentally end the world of Minecraft).

• Advertisement

Yeah, best to leave it until Notch fully fixes it.

People can use their own cart whenever they need to ride

Is that the trick with the rails? We need to carry around our own mine cart, yea? Do you have to go to the top of a hill and let gravity work, or can we just plonk it down and have at it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Kharn wrote: »
    Is that the trick with the rails? We need to carry around our own mine cart, yea? Do you have to go to the top of a hill and let gravity work, or can we just plonk it down and have at it?

Theres 3 tricks
    - Let gravity do the work as you say
    - You can get coal powered minecarts that can push you along the track, up or downhill
    - You can use the current glitch called boosting, which basically propels the cart in certain areas where you have designed such a mechanic. Give a quick google, it's pretty simple to do.

The third option might be gone soon enough. Notch had mentioned about fixing it, but implenting another form of travel assistance (he didn't mention what)

He did, he said water... Underwater I think

Well feck.

I keep dropping connection to the server - Java socket errors. This is having a knock on effect of killing my internet connection so that nothing other than a restart will bring it back which, needless to say, is not an acceptable state of affairs. I'm gonna do some looking to see if there's any reports of similar issues, but long story short, no more online Minecraft for me.

Strange, its usually the opposite, people can't connect due to those reasons. Try reinstalling Java. If you're on 64 bit, install the 64 bit version. Stopped mine from dc'ing and crashing, but then again I have different errors to yourself

damn you lads, you could drop in give us a hand for pvp server... its only me and jak_mar doing safe town,....

Note to self, do not go back down into that mine again.

I've finished off a mine track (though there's lots of room for improvement) to my base but let me know if it interferes with anyone's build and I'll modify it.

It is a one way track only so if you do ride out in it just leave you stuff in the trunk at the start as the quickest way back is to die and respawn (unless you have teleporation capabilities).

Also, if a kind mod happens to be passing by, I wouldn't mind a generous donation of minecarts in the labelled trunk :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lotsafish

Oh brilliant! After about 3 weeks of not being able to get on to the server I finally can again, YES! If its because of Tallon taking me off the whitelist and re-adding then thanks so much dude, its great to be back!

Advertisement