Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Size of your creche

Options
  • 17-11-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was just wondering here if any of the parents could give an indication of:
    1. The number of kids in their kids' creche.
    2. The size in square meters

For example,15 kids in 80 meter squared.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

The regulations are available here. If you're looking for them in practice though, I doubt parents will be able to cite the area of a créche space off the top of their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Cat Melodeon

There are about 60 kids in my boy's creche but they are all divided up into age-appropriate rooms with some common play areas. My lad is nearly 16 months and is in a group with 4 other children (all aged 1-2). They have their own play room - I couldn't say exactly how big it is but I would estimate about 12m x 6m with a separate room with 5 cotbeds for naps and direct access to a large enclosed play yard. There is also a common kitchen and eating area - the different groups eat there at different times.

Have to say I'm very lucky with it. It's a new purpose-built facility, most of the staff have or are in the process of getting degree-level qualifications, and as it's a community-run centre it is affordable. My lad only started recently, but loves it, and I'm delighted with the standards there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

There are about 60 kids in my boy's creche but they are all divided up into age-appropriate rooms with some common play areas. My lad is nearly 16 months and is in a group with 4 other children (all aged 1-2). They have their own play room - I couldn't say exactly how big it is but I would estimate about 12m x 6m with a separate room with 5 cotbeds for naps and direct access to a large enclosed play yard. There is also a common kitchen and eating area - the different groups eat there at different times.

Have to say I'm very lucky with it. It's a new purpose-built facility, most of the staff have or are in the process of getting degree-level qualifications, and as it's a community-run centre it is affordable. My lad only started recently, but loves it, and I'm delighted with the standards there.

That sounds very big. Our's splits them into two rooms. The room my son is in, has about ten kids in it and it is about 25 - 35 square meters.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

That sounds very big. Our's splits them into two rooms. The room my son is in, has about ten kids in it and it is about 25 - 35 square meters.

ask your creche for a copy of their most recent HSE Report, it will state how many children each room can cater for

Advertisement