Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas day lunches

Options
  • 17-11-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Evening all

Where all does lunches on christmas day?

Thanks
    Jon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Donegal is quite a big county, and if the weather on xmas day is anything like it was last year alot of it might be impassable. Was there any particular town or area you had a preference for.

Only places I know of the top of my head is the 'blue haven' near Kilcar and the 'Silver Tassie' just outside Letterkenny. Although would assume are plenty more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

Don't think the Blue Haven has done xmas dinners for a while now, was taken over earlier in the year so may change.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Firblog wrote: »
    Don't think the Blue Haven has done xmas dinners for a while now, was taken over earlier in the year so may change.

Its been a few years since was up there as there was always a concern we would end up under a foot of snow.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭techyjon

Letterkenny area would be most convenient but I figured there may only be a handful of places in the whole county

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Silver Tassie don't open Christmas day, but the Milford Inn do. Only other place i know is the Radisson Letterkenny.
    edit; Forgot Haverys Point do and i think you have to book very early for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

Try the Central Hotel, Donegal Town, they used to open on Christmas Day for dinner

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Jacksons hotel in Ballybofey will be serving Xmas day lunches. It will cost you though

Edit/ Kee's in Stranorlar - cost you even more :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Yeah. Was in the Abbey and saw an ad for the Central. They are doing lunch for €55 on Christmas Day. Also doing dinner on Christmas night. Think it was €55 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

I think that's not bad. If I didn't have to multiply it by six it would be even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Firblog

€55 for Xmas dinner? Jesus Christ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

I know. it's a gift. It seems to be about £75 here in Belfast. Sterling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Domscard

Firblog wrote: »
    €55 for Xmas dinner? Jesus Christ
    Yes, nothing like celebrating HIS birthday in style :D
    To the OP - any chance of getting yourself invited to lunch/dinner by a friend or relative? I've only eaten out once for Xmas lunch and never again. It's a day for being at home - and anyone's home is better than a hotel IMO. Eat out at a better price a few days later, when the turkey has lost all of its attraction and you'd kill for sausages and chips ;)

Advertisement