Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Service in Drogheda

Options
  • 17-11-2010 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone recommend a good place to get a car serviced in drogheda?
    thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,966 ✭✭✭furiousox

I suppose it depends on what type of car you have but we bring our 02 Audi here and find them good.
    The service manager is German, nice guy, efficient (of course) and very good at his job.

http://www.westernmotors.ie/contentv3/index.cfm?fuseaction=page&pageID=19240&parentID=18977

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Judge Motors, up beside the big Tesco store, across from Reynolds garage
    2 sound brothers working there, trustworthy and honest which is important to me when it comes to dealing with garages.
    Wont rip you off either and tell you exactly what needs to be done.
    Tel : 041-9804638

There is an older thread on here somewhere and Judge Motors got a good thumbs up by a few others, highly recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

Based on the recommendations here I rang Judge Motors for a small job - oil and filter change - and the quote not cheap, but that's probably because it was too small a job - anyway, you can't judge them based on one phone call anyway. Ended up getting the work done at another place who has a special deal on oil & filter change - for €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 dathai60

VC motors in boyne buisness park mechanic was top man in boyne cars for years wont rip you off

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

I'd agree with the recommendation of VC autos. I had a peugeot serviced by him for 2.5 years and one day I had to go into the peugeot garage in belfast for something (I was at Queen's at the time) and the mechanic was very impressed with the state of my car as he had been expecting a banger in disrepair at 120K miles, but no, my car had been very well looked after.

Also has a number of taxis that he looks after which is always a good sign in my book. And he's a really nice guy. I'm still taking my car to him now I'm back in Drogheda full time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

I'd highly recomend judge motors. Brought all my cars there, always got great value and excellent service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

stay well clear of kierans motors north road drogheda.i always have to make 3 trips for the same job.1st they make you wait one hour or two while they look at the problem.2nd they tell you to come back when they reorder the part.3rd i have many a time brought the car back cos the job was not done right or they OVERLOOKED another.a joke of a place.my friends or family will not buy or service with them
    i always have to make 3 trips for the same job

If they're that bad why do you go back??

And have you specifically joined boards to slate a local business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 phoenix1020

yes your right,i wrote it in the heat of the moment .how do i delete the quote??????????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Trusting your mechanic can be a tricky business... even the Dead Kennedys wrote a song about it!!
    I find the lads in Judge motors decent, honest and reasonable.
    That said, I do shop around the odd depending on the job.
    FirstStop have pretty decent "on the ball" mechanics but they're dear as f*ck!!

I thought myself how to service my car as I have a strict 10k limit!!
    handy enough when you know how... buying the correct oil is the dearest part!! Halfords usually got what I need on offer....

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Sorry boxthefox, but i have removed your posts. As a new sign up, your very first post cannot be dragging up an old thread to promote a company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭kormak

Heard yesterday that First Stop are closing down??! is this true..?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭blingrhino

kormak wrote: »
    Heard yesterday that First Stop are closing down??! is this true..?

Gonzo !

Advertisement