Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sims 2 - Help

Options
  • 17-11-2010 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

Heya,
    Ok I used to have Sims 2 on my laptop about a year ago. My sis added 2 extension packs. But I uninstalled the extension packs and the sims. Today I tried to re-install Sims 2. All went well but now I cant run the game, it's asking me to insert the disk for one of the extension packs to run the game?
    Why is it doing that?
    I don't have the disks for that, and I cant uninstall the extension packs because they aren't on the computer.
    The icons are there in all programs menu, but they aren't in the EA folder in the C drive.
    Anyone know how I can fix this?

Comments

Did you uninstall from add/remove programs in control panel?

Sims will always ask to run from latest expansion pack

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Leelaa22

bluewolf wrote: »
    Did you uninstall from add/remove programs in control panel?

Sims will always ask to run from latest expansion pack

Im not sure it was about a year ago I either did it from there or I did it from the start menu, where the uninstall tab is.

If its always going to run from the lastest expansion pack does that mean im bolloxed either way with sims 2? Cause ive no idea where that disk is.

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    Im not sure it was about a year ago I either did it from there or I did it from the start menu, where the uninstall tab is.

If its always going to run from the lastest expansion pack does that mean im bolloxed either way with sims 2? Cause ive no idea where that disk is.

No, I think you just need to uninstall again and make sure it's done fully.
    I usually take the lazy way out but add/remove in control panel should do the job properly for you, and after that delete any sims files.
    then reinstall

thank you ill try that now and let you know if that works.:D

Leelaa22 wrote: »
    thank you ill try that now and let you know if that works.:D

Make sure sims2 is fully uninstalled, even the non-expansion stuff

good luck :)

• Advertisement

ok it wont let me uninstall Sims 2. I have to uninstall the other expansion packs , but there are none, or if there are they arent in the EA folder or in my add/remove programe thing.
    Hmmmmmm??

You might try a manual uninstall? zeus' post
    http://help.lockergnome.com/general/Sims-expansion-problem--ftopict51039.html

If deleting all the files doesn't work on its own you can try the second part

I tried it and it didnt work and I did the copy the files to a new folder and hit the setup icon - which i didnt have. and I tried uninstall and again it said I have to get rid of the extension packs first. and now I cant get rid of the copied folder on my desk top. It says the content is protected and I cant delete it?

If you really can't delete any of the files manually I don't know what else to suggest :( Something like that I'd have to poke around with it for a while myself

hopefully someone else will have a suggestion

Thanks for your help bluewolf.
    If I got sims 3 would it work with all the sims two problems? or would it tell me to delete it first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

If you got Sims 3, that should work; it's a separate game, as opposed to being an expansion pack or anything related to Sims 2.

Thanks I might ask Santa for x mas so :)

Advertisement