Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

littlewoods - overpriced?

Options
  • 17-11-2010 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Just doing a spot of christmas shopping there - looking at zhu zhu princess castle for my niece was about to purchase on littlewoods and decided to price it elsewhere just to make sure.
    Turns out its 39 euro with littlewoods and only 24.99 in smyths toys, or 25.99 in argos!

Big enough price difference- so much for "free" delivery seems we are paying for it in the price!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

Littlewoods is way over priced esp for things like toys, consoles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Too right its expensive. Littlewoods had Iggle Piggle for 50 euro and Smyths had it for 24.99.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Bumped from TLL.

Mods, think it might be better suited here but bounce back if you don't think so.

Maple.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭forestfruits

I know that very.co.uk is essentially the same site but for the uk market- is cheaper but goods cannot be sent to Ireland!

Ripp off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

More expensive on some things but then there are clothes brands there you can't get anywhere else. They also usually do some pretty decent special offers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Moved from Gift & Festivities - OP Apologies for the bouncing around, thread isn't suited to the Ladies Lounge or Gift & Festivities.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Their clothes are usually good value, especially around sale time.

Homewares are quite good as well.

Toys are seriously overpriced though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

so much for "free" delivery seems we are paying for it in the price!!

I don't know of any delivery company, courier or post servcie that does not charge.

There is no such thing as "Free" delivery.

The other thing you have to be extremely careful with littlewoods is they try to automatically give you dredit - but in tiny tiny print deep down in the t&c's it lets you know that the interest rate is 39.9% - That €39.90 for every €100 you owe them per year on top of their rip off pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

Why Little woods Ireland is the most expensive one?
    Try european little woods, its so much cheaper! A cardigan on Irish Little woods €72 and the very same one on www.littlewoodseurope.com only €59
    Of course they ship to Germany, Portugal etc but not to Ireland :mad:

oh yeah, the same cardigan is for £49 in Vary.
    Little woods can be expensive in general, the Irish one particularly !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Can anyone tell me why on my order status on 2 laptop coolers I ordered lastnight and payed with my credit card thats its saying "credit rejected" ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭trustno1

The sickner with Littlewoods is that the UK site is 0% APR.. whereas we (as some else pointed out) are 39.9%, its crazy.. but I have to say that I went on to the littlewoods sale on Christmas Day last year (I was a tad bored of XMas telly) and got great bargains.. fabulous jeans for 7 quid, shoes for 15, tops for a fiver.. well worth a look when they have their sales on.. oh and I also bought a fabulous cream bed for my daughter for 75 quid.. bargain!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

8GB ITouch €259 :eek:
    Looking at some of the other goods on that site, it amazes me how they are doing any business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I think their whole business model evolves around you opening a credit account rather than simply stop, shop & go.
    Of course at extortionate interest rates.

Meaning they're aiming at the suckers ordering stuff like mad and pushing a balance happily ever after.

They once had something that I really liked and couldn't get anywhere else but when I found out about this account thing I simply didn't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Boskowski wrote: »
    I think their whole business model evolves around you opening a credit account rather than simply stop, shop & go.
    Of course at extortionate interest rates.

Meaning they're aiming at the suckers ordering stuff like mad and pushing a balance happily ever after.

They once had something that I really liked and couldn't get anywhere else but when I found out about this account thing I simply didn't buy it.
    You don't have to buy on credit. You can simply pay for things straight away too
    Ps i agree its way over priced in general although sometimes they sell off stock really cheap.

Advertisement