Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurrance question on classic bike

• 18-11-2010 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a quick question, I have not been riding a bike in a while about 3.5 years now.

I have rang a couple of insurrance a while back to try understand the rule down here.
    I am not from Ireland and I never drove one here.

So the insurrance back then told me that they could not accept my no claims bonus as I have not been driven for over 3 years.

And they quote me for a CBR1000F for about 800 euros.

So I am wondering if there is deal, like when you have a car already.
    You can get a discount and so on.

I have also a classic car and I am wondering if there is deal on classic bike?

Cheers
    Superfly

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Ok I never had classic insurance so maybe I am wrong, but ...

I think you have to be a member of a classic bike club to get some classic insurance with some comapanies like Carole Nash.
    And also your car insurance does not mean anything with bike insurance - like how many years you are driving and no-claims.insurance.

Also I asked about classic insurance before and they told me it was a seperate policy from my other bikes so I would have to take out another policy seperate to my current one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I can't speak about bikes but I had a classic beetle a while back and as long as you have a modern car on the road and limit the mileage, you can get classic car insurance for about €200 as a general rule of thumb. My classic insurance was through Brophy Insurances somewhere in the midlands.

Advertisement