Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fireplace tiles

• 18-11-2010 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all.
    we have recently fitted a wood burning stove with a hearth and an overmantle and we plastered the wall behind it. The heat has caused the plaster to crack so we are looking for heat proof tiles ie fireplace tiles but so far, although I've called to several tile/fireplace showrooms I havn't been able to source them. Anyone know where I can buy some, preferrably in the Cork area.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

I got some plain matt black 8 x 8 ones a few years ago from the place on the corner of Vickers Road & Pouladuff Rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭rpmcs

you should only need porcelain tiles, as long as you use flexi grout should be fine, its the grout joints that give the expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marybernadette

thanks folks.

Advertisement