Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Difficulty aligning dish to eutelsat 15.8 degrees

• 18-11-2010 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

hi guys . having trouble aligning 1250 cm dish to eutelsat 15.8 degrees to take in tring sports . there was 80cm dish but very bad reception on it last week so i replaced it with 1250 cm and new lnb . tried to align it using horizon plus meter but no joy however can get astra @19.2 no prob and also hotbird on 13 e but just cant find eutel w2m 15.8 .. any help would be appreciated..thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Has the horizon meter been updated to the latest firmware, as you may well find if it has old firmware on it it may not have the correct transponders installed.

Also if your after some of the digitalb channels (Movie channels) even a dish that size will struggle to lock onto that transponder, especially at night and in bad weather the further NW you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 aidanh31

have uploaded latest software to horizon meter , weather is calmer this morning so will possibly try again. was locking on to it last saturday using 80cm dish so cant understand whats happening today..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I used to find it by going past it and then going back to it if that makes sense to you:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭excollier

aidanh31 wrote: »
    hi guys . having trouble aligning 1250 cm dish to eutelsat 15.8 degrees to take in tring sports . there was 80cm dish but very bad reception on it last week so i replaced it with 1250 cm and new lnb . tried to align it using horizon plus meter but no joy however can get astra @19.2 no prob and also hotbird on 13 e but just cant find eutel w2m 15.8 .. any help would be appreciated..thanks

I recently installed a 1.2m dish for this very satellite and service in Donegal.
    I have to say that it can be tricky to spot it in between 19.2e and 13e which are very strong by comparison, only the tiniest movement and you will miss it, so patience is required.
    After using this size of dish for Tring, it is not affected by rain or wind (as long as you make a good job of tightening up the dish).
    Good luck!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

just add the TP manual (11283 H 5/6 27500) in the meter and try again..tring it working on my 88 cm with no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

I used to find it by going past it and then going back to it if that makes sense to you:)

I thought you were using a motor, I'll read the thread more carefully the next time. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭stemah

last week so i replaced it with 1250 cm and new lnb . .... .. any help would be appreciated..thanks

WOW!!! Where do you keep this 12.5 metre dish. :eek:

And why did no one else ask?? Do you all have one? :mad:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Pfft, it's considered the norm nowadays. Get with the times :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10 aidanh31

thanks for the replies folks ... discovered the problem when i went back to the job in good daylight ... dish was warped and out of shape when i contacted wholesaler they informed me that pallet with dishes on it had fallen when being unloaded .. they sent me replacement no probs and i had new dish re-aligned in under 5 ninutes ,, a lot of time wasted and a valuable training session not to be forgotten
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement