Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost my passport

Options
  • 18-11-2010 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just after getting in from a night out tonight and have just realised that I've lost my passport,I bring it out with me for ID into pubs and clubs etc..

Just wondering if I have to report it to the Gardai etc before filling out an application for a new one and if I can apply for a new one tomorrow morning because I look really young and wont be allowed into pubs/clubs without photo ID

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

theres a space on the application form that u tick for lost/damaged/stolen, and u take it up the station and get them to sign it. u need 2 photos and can pay at the station or do it passport express and it will take 10 working days. €80 i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

And remember go to your local garda station. If you don't live in the area they can refuse to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

theres a space on the application form that u tick for lost/damaged/stolen, and u take it up the station and get them to sign it. u need 2 photos and can pay at the station or do it passport express and it will take 10 working days. €80 i think.

As far as I am aware you can't pay at the Garda Station. You can go to the passport office and pay there or go to a post office and use passport express as mentioned above.

As you have lost your previous passport you will need you birth cert again.

If you've lost more than one passport they may only give you a one or two year passport, you will still have to pay the full fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

don't worry OP, the Israeli embassy will post it back to you when they are finished with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

It might be a good idea to apply for a Garda age card, while you're at the station, and use that for your ID. You don't want to go losing your passport again - they don't take too kindly to that.

http://www.agecard.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Thanks for all the info folks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 616 ✭✭✭pearljamfan

Lollymcd wrote: »
    As far as I am aware you can't pay at the Garda Station. .

yep can pay by credit card etc. was in on monday doing my little boys. i didnt know either but no use to me as i dont have one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Sent the application form(stamped by garda)+photos+birth cert away last week through the passport express thingy,just checked the passport office website there to check its progress and it says that my application cant be processed and its being sent back out to me,just wondering will I have to pay e88 to have it processed again once I fix whatever is wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Lollymcd

Sent the application form(stamped by garda)+photos+birth cert away last week through the passport express thingy,just checked the passport office website there to check its progress and it says that my application cant be processed and its being sent back out to me,just wondering will I have to pay e88 to have it processed again once I fix whatever is wrong with it?

Provided it's not being returned as you made a fraudulent application, no.:p

Advertisement