Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over 40s and Oz?

Options
  • 18-11-2010 6:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I've heard its difficult to get an immigration/work visa if you're over 40. I'm thinking of leaving Ireland next year. Any advice would be great. TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

geckotime wrote: »
    I've heard its difficult to get an immigration/work visa if you're over 40. I'm thinking of leaving Ireland next year. Any advice would be great. TIA.

1st port of call here http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration/

From there look at the different visa types and what suits your situation and skills.

From there see the requirements and if you meet them (i.e. for skilled independant ,the best visa, you have to be under 45 etc etc).

beware its a long process and realistically a year will not be viable to get a visa unless you are sponsored.

Advertisement