Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home refuse disposal facility

• 18-11-2010 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Moving house soon, and the bin collection dates aren't very conducive to moving.

As the home refuse collection is once every two weeks, we'll be moving well before our next collection. There will probably be a bit of rubbish from the process of moving, but don't know what to do with it.

Is there somewhere (out by the Yellow House pub, I was told by someone yesterday) that will take bags of rubbish from you for a fee?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

cbmonstra wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Moving house soon, and the bin collection dates aren't very conducive to moving.

As the home refuse collection is once every two weeks, we'll be moving well before our next collection. There will probably be a bit of rubbish from the process of moving, but don't know what to do with it.

Is there somewhere (out by the Yellow House pub, I was told by someone yesterday) that will take bags of rubbish from you for a fee?

Thanks!

Nowhere for free. You will need to get a black bin tag for every bag you are dumping and green tag for any recycling. You can dump these for free out there:
    Cardboard
    Glass - Green, Brown & Clear
    Cans
    Batteries
    Waste Oil
    Waste Electronic and Electrical Items

Also you can get them to collect bulky goods: http://www.waterfordcity.ie/departments/environment/bulky-goods.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭cbmonstra

I've just been told the Topaz garage on the Cork Rd have a system where you can buy a token for a couple of euro and lob the bags into a bin there, so I think I'll check out that option.

Thanks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

i think thats the autoport garage futher out the raod that do that. they also do it in the old esso garage on the way into tramore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

http://www.bigbin.ie/

this is the thing ye are looking for..instructions are on it on how to use it etc

Advertisement