Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCD Tripping

Options
  • 18-11-2010 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I recently renovated a house and had the house rewired. All has been going well until Tuesday morning I woke up and the RCD had tripped during the night. I tried resetting it and it wouldn't reset. Then I plugged out the fridge and it reset. Then last night it tripped again and it rest no problem. And this morning I woke up and it had tripped again. This time I had to plug out the fridge to reset.
    I'm going to call my electrician today but is it likely that my fridge has developed a fault? It's an integrated fridge.
    Any advice appreciated.
    D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

probably

you may be able to rcbo some circuits if there's accumulated leakage from appliances

a common occurence on re-wires assuming your sparkie has done his cable IR testing etc properly

Advertisement